Project Manager, Indigenous ease Financial Services
Inspirational, innovative and entrepreneurial - this is how we describe our empowered teams. Combine your passion with purpose and join a culture that is thriving in the face of change.
Make an impact with our Assurance & Accounting team as a Project Manager working with Indigenous Organizations. This diverse team of professionals are dedicated to assisting clients' by strengthening their financial management through a collection of services. By performing assessments to help clients better understand the challenges and opportunities within their finance department, you will coordinate and support delivery of improvement initiatives.
MNP is proudly Canadian. Providing business strategies and solutions, we are a leading national accounting, tax and business advisory firm in Canada. Entrepreneurial to our core, our talented team members transcend obstacles into opportunities and are successfully transforming mid-market business practices.
- Assist in the proposal, planning and implementation of client engagements
- Coordinate project logistics with clients and other stakeholders
- Support the delivery of high-level client service to ensure client needs and requests on matters related to business development and projects are responded to in a timely, accurate and professional manner
- Coordinate and support the delivery of all improvement initiatives identified during the assessment of the clients finance function, which may include:
- Facilitate financial process redesign workshops
- Implement cloud accounting software
- Coordinate capacity building and training workshops
- Support the implementation/adoption of best practices within client’s finance departments
- Complete business and program assessments focused around people, process and technology; identify potential issues and risks
- Develop positive working relationships with clients at the peer and management level
- Help consolidate information and present key learnings to the client
- Complete business process mapping and analysis with a focus on improving outcomes
- Contribute to the development of new ideas and approaches to improve work processes
- Help clients to implement and sustain new financial processes
- Maintain high proficiency with cloud accounting software and provide support to clients and team members
- Onboard new clients and build trusted advisor relationships by gaining in-depth understanding of their business objectives and needs
- Support the client with the implementation of any new financial software, and provide post implementation support to ensure long term success
- 3 to 5 years of business experience, ideally in a client-service environment
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Proven working experience in project management
- Project Management Professional (PMP) or Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM) is an asset
- Professional or personal experience working with First Nations and other indigenous organizations and businesses is an asset
- Basic knowledge of trial balances, general ledger (GL) databases, financial statement close processes and accounting matters is an asset
- Understanding of payroll, bookkeeping and record keeping practices on manual and computerized system(s) is an asset
- 1 year of full cycle bookkeeping experience is an asset
- Experience working with, or exposure to, accounting software such as QBO, Xero, Sage Intacct, is an asset
- Travel for project delivery and for business development will be required
More than a paycheque, MNP is proud to offer customized rewards for our team members. With a focus on health and wealth, we provide an extensive list of benefits that support our unique culture and foster work-life integration.
Our MyRewards@MNP program offers benefits that allow you to thrive at work and outside of the office. Be rewarded with generous paid time off including 4 personal days, firm sponsored social events, a group pension plan with 4% matching contribution, voluntary savings products, bonus program eligibility, a wellness subsidy, health and dental benefits, mental health resources, exclusive access to perks and discounts, professional development assistance, learning opportunities through MNP University, a flexible ‘Dress For Your Day’ environment and more!
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.