Solution Architect - Enterprise Services
- Milton Keynes, Buckinghamshire
- 08 Feb 2023
- 08 Mar 2023
- Approved employers
- Approved employer
- Job role
- Contract type
- Full time
- Experience level
This role is offered on a hybrid basis, which can be discussed with the recruitment team during the hiring process.
Join our community.
Solutions Architecture is part of the Architecture Team within Santander Services. It works closely with other architecture teams (eg Enterprise, Technical, Data & Security Architecture) and liaises with Business and IT colleagues in Santander UK, as well as Santander Global Architecture.
The team concentrates on the functional architecture of applications and how they interact with other systems in the Architecture Landscape of Santander UK, Group and 3rd Parties. The team effectively works as an Architecture Community across domains sharing reusable patterns and solutions learnt on projects, independently of projects and domains.
The successful candidate will have strong knowledge of the capabilities for one or more of the functional domains below,
Economic Crime - covering Fraud Detection & Mitigation - application & servicing - as well as Anti-Money Laundering e.g Name screening, solutions such as Netreveal
Finance - covering Financial Accounting & Reporting, Regulatory Reporting to the Bank of England PRA/ European Central Bank.
Business Support Services - Procurement and HR systems & processes.
Risk - covering Application/risk decisioning & Behavioural Scoring
If you are looking to move your career in the direction of shaping the design of future Santander UK systems, then Solutions Architecture could be the choice for you.
The difference you'll make.
- Producing functional architecture for project(s)
- Reviewing the designs that have been produced by Engineering teams using guidance and patterns that have been provided to them by Architecture.
- Validating that solutions align to the strategies of Santander UK (e.g. Retail & Corporate Bank & Group)
- Working with the engineering community to deliver solutions primarily in an agile way.
What you'll bring.
- Domain driven design, with working knowledge of the BIAN framework, TOGAF, ArchiMate
- Experience of defining API & microservice architecture solutions.
- Proven experience in defining & documenting As_Is & Target Architecture defining services & integrated applications working with stakeholders to help define & deliver strategic objectives & roadmaps, being embedded into the functional domain, balancing business requirements with functional & technical strategy to ensure we deliver sustainable solutions.
- Be passionate about driving and leading change by creating practical, workable architectures aligned to IT principles and following appropriate governance
- Collaboration is critical, the ability to communicate concepts, challenge and influence a diverse set of stakeholder and colleagues.
- Knowledge of planning and organizing concepts and best practices with the ability to manage multiple projects, being flexible with a 'can do' attitude with a strong sense of initiative with the ability to learn fast.
It would also be nice for you to have.
- Experience of using Architecture tools eg Avolution Abacus
- Have knowledge & experience of AWS & Cloud Architectures.
- Have knowledge & experience of Salesforce SW eg Financial Services Cloud, Marketing Cloud & concepts therein
- Experience of building APIs
What else you need to know.
We will be conducting all interviews via telephone or video-conference where possible.
This is a permanent role to be based at our Milton Keynes office with hybrid working. Time spent working from the Milton Keynes site is expected to be 2-3 days per week initially.
At Santander we're creating a thriving workplace where all colleagues feel they belong and are supported to succeed. We all help to make Santander a workplace that celebrates diversity and attracts, retains and develops the most talented and committed people through living our values of Simple, Personal, and Fair.
How we'll reward you.
As well as a competitive salary, you'll enjoy a benefits package that you can tailor to your needs.
- Eligible for a discretionary performance-related annual bonus
- Pension with generous contributions of up to 12.5% from Santander, depending on your own contribution and length of employment with us
- 30 days' holiday plus bank holidays, which increases to 31 days after 5yrs service, with the option to purchase up to 5 contractual days per year
- £6,000 car allowance per year
- Company funded individual private medical insurance
- Voluntary healthcare benefits at discounted rates such as private medical insurance for your family, dental insurance, healthcare cash plan and health assessments
- Benefits supporting you and your family, such as death-in-service benefit, income protection, and voluntary life assurance and critical illness cover
- Share in Santander's success by investing in our share plans
What to do next.
If this sounds like a role you're interested in, then please apply.
If there's anything we can do in the recruitment process to help you achieve your best, get in touch. Whether it's a copy of our application form in another format or additional assistance, we're available through telephone, email, or face to face. You can contact us at email@example.com or call 0870 414 9080.