Senior Consultant - Financial Accounting Advisory Services
- Bratislava, SK
- Competitive remuneration package
- 07 Feb 2023
- 10 Feb 2023
- Approved employers
- Approved employer
- Contract type
- Full time
- Experience level
- Qualified accountant
Senior Consultant – Financial Accounting Advisory Services
What if your career could have a lasting impact on you, and on the world?
Here at EY, you’ll have the chance to build a truly exceptional experience. We’ll empower you with the latest technology, surround you with high-performing teams, and provide the global scale and diverse and inclusive culture you need to discover your full potential. Through our coaching and training programs, you’ll develop the skillsets you need to stay relevant today and in the future – all while building a network of colleagues, mentors, and leaders who will be on the journey with you at EY and beyond.
The opportunity: your next adventure awaits
Our financial accounting advisory services (FAAS) team consists of professionals who have experience in the practical implementation of accounting standards, including the planning and realization of complex projects aimed at improving financial processes. We cooperate very closely with chief financial officers, treasurers and other financial managers, helping them to correctly interpret planned changes to accounting standards and other regulations, and assess how these changes will affect their company. We also help them prepare for the new Finance 4.0 world.
We provide companies with support in navigating the maze of IFRS, governance and regulatory requirements, and in confronting the new world phenomenon of Big Data, as well as advisory on the automation of financial processes.
We are looking for candidates with audit and advisory experience who wish to further specialize in financial accounting advisory, designing solutions which address even the most complex client requirements and working on a diverse range of projects in this area.
As a Senior Consultant in Financial Accounting Advisory Services, you will:
- Coordinate work between client and EY internal team
- Participate in coaching of more junior colleagues
- Participate in consultancy projects related to IFRS implementation
- Participate in projects aimed at consolidating financial statements for international and local groups of companies
- Participate in preparing and writing commentaries on complex accounting topics as part of accounting advisory
- Participate in projects related to set-up/enhancement of financial processes
- Process and prepare data for projects in data analysis
Starting salary from 1 950 €/month depending on qualifications and relevant experience.
What we look for
- You have an agile, growth-oriented mindset. What you know matters. But the right mindset is just as important in determining success. We’re looking for people who are innovative, can work in an agile way and keep pace with a rapidly changing world.
- You are curious and purpose driven. We’re looking for people who see opportunities instead of challenges, who ask better questions to seek better answers that build a better working world.
- You are inclusive. We’re looking for people who seek out and embrace diverse perspectives, who value differences, and team inclusively to build safety and trust.
- University degree with an economic or technical focus
- At least 2-3 years’ work experience in audit, accounting or financial advisory
- Understanding of IFRS and/or other accounting standards
- Experience in coordinating work of less experienced team members
- Logical and analytical thinking
- Willingness to learn
- Strong communication skills
- Client-oriented approach
- Proficiency in English
- Excellent knowledge of Excel
- Knowledge of MS Power BI considered as a plus
What’s in it for you
- Accelerate your technical capabilities and transformative leadership skills with future-focused courses and development programs.
- Broaden your horizons by working on highly integrated teams across the globe and collaborate with people of diverse backgrounds — both professionally and culturally.
- Bring out the best in yourself with continuous investment in your personal well-being and career development.
- Develop your own personal purpose and help us create a positive ripple effect on our teams, our business, clients and society – building a better working world, together.
What we offer
we offer a wide range of benefits, including:
- Permanent employment
- Home office and flexible working hours
- Overtime? With us, overtime is paid!
- Up to five working days of bonus leave
- Bonuses and rewards reflecting your individual performance
A varied range of cafeteria benefits which everyone can combine, according to their interests:
- Physical and mental health (e.g., medical examination, contribution to the 3rd pillar of pension savings)
- Education contribution
- Public transport contribution
- Contribution towards the purchase of sports equipment
- Reimbursement of tickets to the cinema, theatre, etc.
- Childbirth or wedding contribution
- Bonus for referring successful employment candidates
- Permitted private use of issued iPhone and notebook computer
- Employee mobile service packages and attractive offers for families and relatives
- Online English tuition
- We support employees in acquiring professional qualifications and fully pay certification fees – such as ACCA, CFA, SKAU memberships, SKDP, SAK, etc.
- MultiSport card
- Massages at the workplace every week
- Psychological counseling
- Employee discounts with partnering companies
- Above standard recognition of work anniversaries
- Skiing in Jasná? We are in! Every year we organize skiing for employees
- Teambuilding, Christmas parties, Health Days,...
What you can expect
- Pre-selected candidates would be invited to perform an online skills assessment
- Upon passing the assessments, you may be invited to attend an interview (HR and business)
- If you are a great fit for the opportunity, you will receive an offer to join EY and start your career
If you can demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
The exceptional EY experience. It’s yours to build.
EY | Building a better working world
EY exists to build a better working world, helping to create long-term value for clients, people and society and build trust in the capital markets.
Enabled by data and technology, diverse EY teams in over 150 countries provide trust through assurance and help clients grow, transform and operate.
Working across assurance, consulting, law, strategy, tax and transactions, EY teams ask better questions to find new answers for the complex issues facing our world today.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.