Business Partner Manager, Technology Finance
- Sydney CBD Area
- Not disclosed
- 07 Feb 2023
- 21 Feb 2023
- Approved employers
- Approved employer
- Job role
- Finance business partner, Financial accountant, Financial controller, Financial planning & analysis
- Contract type
- Full time
- Experience level
The Financial Services division, led by the Group CFO, partners with all areas of the Commonwealth Bank to provide financial control and specialist advice on financial management and strategy. This advice covers finance, audit, treasury, investor relations, security and property.
Technology delivers the Group’s information technology to ensure the highest levels of customer service through world-class process excellence and technology innovation.
Technology Finance is responsible for the provision of financial control and management services to the Technology division.
We work closely with our stakeholders to help them understand their technology and operations costs and deliver current and future strategic and financial plans.
Technology’s mission is to “influence strategic outcomes through transparent insights and passionate people”.
Your team provides business partnering and financial management services to Technology and the CIO of Financial Services and Operations.
Your team’s primary roles is to:
- Provide decision support services including financial information, insights and advice
- Provide guidance and advice on the financial performance, delivery to financial plans and forecasts including financial impacts of change initiatives
- Develop and deliver meaningful insights to drive better business performance. Including identification of cost optimisation opportunities, provision of objective analysis and underlying trends that may represent emerging issues
This role is responsible for assisting the Senior Manager, Corporate Services Technology Finance in providing financial & commercial support to the Finance Technology and Operations Technology leadership teams, including ownership of:
- Stakeholder management for the Finance Technology leadership team
- Monthly management reporting, variance analysis and commentary
- Driver based annual budget and quarterly forecasts
- Financial modelling of 3 year business plans
- Involvement in ad-hoc financial analysis and broader insights to drive tangible value
- Identify and assist in implementing ongoing process improvements
Responsibilities of the role:
- Working as a team player across key stakeholder groups, balancing the needs of each group using judgment and effective communication.
- Supporting both your Technology stakeholders and Technology Finance, along with Group Support Service Finance & Operations Finance teams by providing financial management services and decision support, while building and maintaining strong customer relationships
- Managing the monthly financial activities and deliverables for your Technology stakeholders, analysing month end results, reviewing / preparing month-end journals and monthly variance analysis whilst ensuring data integrity.
- Providing timely and relevant financial information and insights, analysis and advice in support of managing the financial performance of the Technology business and delivery of productivity initiatives.
- Preparing and validating monthly General Manager and Cost Centre Manager reports. Assuming responsibility for accuracy of contents and the timeliness of their submission to relevant parties.
- Assisting in co-ordination, preparation and development of the annual budget and quarterly forecasts, including driver-based plans in support of insightful analytics and business performance management
- Ad-hoc business & financial analysis which supports timely and high-quality business decision making
- Actively driving continuous improvement and productivity driven initiatives across the Technology Finance team
- Identifying and escalating issues and ensuring appropriate risk management and financial control practices are in place
Your skills and experience:
- Risk Mindset – All CommBank employees are expected to proactively identify and understand, openly discuss and act on current and future risks.
- Strong technical accounting knowledge, with an advantage including demonstrated experience in accounting and financial management (e.g., budgeting, forecasting, performance reporting and analysis)
- Strong commercial, accounting and financial management experience including financial modelling and analytical skills and understanding of operational business drivers.
- High degree of commercial acumen, with experience in Information Technology a distinct advantage
- CA/CPA/CFA qualified with up to 3+ years post qualification experience
In Financial Services, we take a proactive approach to your career development. Your on-going development would be part of an integrated development plan. If you live the values and demonstrate the people capabilities, we can offer great opportunities.
Whether you want to move across the organisation or up into a leadership role, the way you live the values and demonstrate the people capabilities are key. Use the capabilities required for this role as a guide to the critical skills and behaviours you need for your next move.
If you're already part of the Commonwealth Bank Group (including Bankwest), you'll need to apply through Sidekick to submit a valid application. We’re keen to support you with the next step in your career.
We're aware of some accessibility issues on this site, particularly for screen reader users. We want to make finding your dream job as easy as possible, so if you require additional support please contact HR Direct on 1800 989 696.
Advertising End Date: 20/02/2023
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.