FAAS Assistant Manager- Financial Services Dublin
- Dublin 2, IE
- Competitive remuneration package
- 07 Feb 2023
- 07 Mar 2023
- Approved employers
- Approved employer
- Contract type
- Full time
- Experience level
Financial Accounting & Advisory Services (FAAS) – Assistant Manager
FAAS addresses the CFO’s agenda and provides CFOs, controllers, treasurers and audit committees with insight and services to support compliance with evolving financial requirements and help provide transparency and trust in reporting to support better decision-making. We also help to support finance functions with robust financial data analytics and innovation through our tools.
EY have a number of career opportunities available and we are interested in meeting with strong candidates who are looking for a new challenge, one where you can develop your range of skills significantly. Be that a move out of industry into practice, or from within practice into advisory services. You will play a key role in supporting the development of new, and strengthening existing, client relationships and help our clients, who are leaders in the Financial Services industry, navigate the complex finance issues facing their business.
The FAAS team specialises in supporting our clients in delivering accounting and regulatory change, and implementing finance transformation. FAAS operates within a global and EMEIA network across EY.
Your key responsibilities
Within FAAS, you'll work as part of a multi-disciplinary and high-performing team of problem solvers with extensive experience helping financial services organisations solve their complex business issues from strategy to execution in one or more of the following areas:
- Research and resolution of technical accounting and/or regulatory issues;
- Work with our client’s financial and regulatory reporting teams to help deliver financial information and to improve reporting processes;
- Provide technical support on ad-hoc accounting and regulatory queries from clients and teams in other service lines and across EMEIA;
- Assist clients with the implementation of new or revised accounting standards, GAAP conversions and regulatory change;
- Support the planning, execution and delivery of engagements including financial transformations;
- Work effectively as a team member, sharing responsibility, providing support, maintaining communication and updating senior team members on progress;
- Leverage technology to continually learn, share knowledge with team members, and enhance service delivery; and
- Build strong internal relationships within Assurance and across the other service lines we work with and support.
Skills, experience & qualifications needed
We’re interested in future leaders with a genuine creative vision and the confidence to make it happen. Our opportunities will allow you to apply your financial accounting, regulatory reporting or change expertise to a variety of projects whilst offering you excellent career and progression opportunities. You can expect plenty of autonomy in this role, so you’ll also need the ability to take initiative and seek out opportunities to improve our current processes and ways of working. To qualify for the role, you ideally will have:
- An undergraduate or graduate degree in accounting and/or other appropriate academic major (including Business, Economics, Accounting, Finance);
- ACA, ACCA or CIMA certification is desired but not a pre-requisite;
- A minimum of 3 years of experience as an auditor for a public accounting firm, and/or industry experience within banking, aircraft leasing, wealth and asset management or insurance; and
- Excellent project management skills including Microsoft Word, PowerPoint and Excel
What working at EY offers
Since our people help us make an impact for and support our clients, we do our best to recognise this effort this a comprehensive rewards package:
- EY offer a competitive remuneration package with a number of additional benefits
- We have a peer to peer recognition programme where you can recognise and be recognised for providing excellent service and supporting both your colleagues and our clients.
- You can take care of your health with access to top health insurance providers, our dedicated wellbeing programme and access to a web doctor free of charge.
- The ability to purchase additional leave every year in addition to the allotted annual leave.
Plus, a member of EY you will experience:
- Continuous learning: You’ll develop the mindset and skills to navigate whatever comes next.
- Success as defined by you: We’ll provide the tools and flexibility, so you can make a meaningful impact, your way.
- Transformative leadership: We’ll give you the insights, coaching and confidence to be the leader the world needs.
- Diverse and inclusive culture: You’ll be embraced for who you are and empowered to use your voice to help others find theirs.
If you can demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
The exceptional EY experience. It’s yours to build.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.