Business Risk, Assistant Vice President
- State Street.
- Boston, Massachusetts
- Not disclosed
- 07 Feb 2023
- 07 Mar 2023
- Contract type
- Full time
- Experience level
Who we are looking for
The Corporate Functions Business Risk Team acts as a valued partner to the Chief Financial Officer (CFO) and Global Human Resources (GHR) businesses in the identification, assessment and mitigation of risk in effort to achieve risk excellence objectives. This role will provide an excellent opportunity for the candidate to gain solid understanding of the business units within the CFO and GHR organizations, and to support the Business Risk Management Executive (BRME) efforts through involvement in the execution of Business Risk Management programs, design of strong internal control environment and mitigation of operational and compliance risk.
This role can be performed in a hybrid model, where you can balance work from home and office to match your needs and role requirements.
What you will be responsible for
- Provide business and compliance risk strategy and oversight to the Global Human Resource and Corporate Services divisions of State Street
- Support, lead and execute the requirements of select Business Risk programs and projects with delivered results including:
- Risk and Control Self Assessment (RCSA)
- Lead Process and Control Reviews aligned with corporate and department goals to identify, strengthen and document the internal control environment for our most critical functions
- Key Transformation initiatives related to Business Risk Management organizational design
- Lead Business Risk Forums or other risk-related meetings with Business Units
- Engage and collaborate with Compliance, Corporate Audit and other business partners on coordination of program requirements, projects and related deliverables
- Provide a supportive framework for reduced residual risk within Corporate Functions via identification of risk issues and timely and appropriate mitigation
- Strengthen Business Unit control execution related to corporate policies and implementation of requirements
- Mentor junior team members to develop a collaborative and challenging team environment focused on development and growth
Education & Preferred Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance, management, or a related field and minimum of 5+ years experience ideally covering risk identification and assessment (Risk Excellence), compliance and/or audit
- Strong written and verbal communication; Ability to communicate with and influence all levels of management
- Financial product and institution knowledge
- Strong critical thinking, problem solving, and decision making skills
- Strong interpersonal skills, proven ability to work independently and within a team
- Demonstrated ability to develop highly functioning business relationships and coordinate stakeholders across multiple locations and time zones
- Must be organized, detail oriented, responsive and be able to adapt quickly to a rapidly changing environment
- Ability to juggle multiple priorities at once, including quick turn-around high priority items
- Experience in Human Resources and/or Procurement is a plus
What we value
These skills will help you succeed in this role
- Project Management
- Risk identification and assessment (Risk Excellence)
- Strengthening Internal control environment and risk mitigation
- Organizational collaboration & communication
Are you the right candidate? Yes!
We truly believe in the power that comes from the diverse backgrounds and experiences our employees bring with them. Although each vacancy details what we are looking for, we don’t necessarily need you to fulfil all of them when applying. If you like change and innovation, seek to see the bigger picture, make data driven decisions and are a good team player, you could be a great fit.
About State Street
What we do. State Street is one of the largest custodian banks, asset managers and asset intelligence companies in the world. From technology to product innovation, we’re making our mark on the financial services industry. For more than two centuries, we’ve been helping our clients safeguard and steward the investments of millions of people. We provide investment servicing, data & analytics, investment research & trading and investment management to institutional clients.
Work, Live and Grow. We make all efforts to create a great work environment. Our benefits packages are competitive and comprehensive. Details vary by location, but you may expect generous medical care, insurance and savings plans, among other perks. You’ll have access to flexible Work Programs to help you match your needs. And our wealth of development programs and educational support will help you reach your full potential.
Inclusion, Diversity and Social Responsibility. We truly believe our employees’ diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspectives are a powerful contributor to creating an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive and reach their maximum potential while adding value to both our organization and our clients. We warmly welcome candidates of diverse origin, background, ability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and personality. Another fundamental value at State Street is active engagement with our communities around the world, both as a partner and a leader. You will have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, matching gift programs and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you.
State Street is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
- $80,000 - $132,500 Annual
The range quoted above applies to the role in the primary location specified. If the candidate would ultimately work outside of the primary location above, the applicable range could differ.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.