Compliance (US Banks) - Director (Internal Audit)
- Morgan Stanley
- Mumbai (MSA)-Maharashtra-India
- Not disclosed
- 07 Feb 2023
- 28 Feb 2023
- Approved employers
- Approved employer
- Job role
- Compliance/risk, Finance director, Financial accountant, Financial analyst, Financial planning & analysis, Internal audit
- Contract type
- Full time
- Experience level
Director (Non-officer) - Compliance US Banks Audit Coverage Team
Morgan Stanley is a leading global financial services firm providing a wide range of investment banking, securities, investment management and wealth management services. The Firm's employees serve clients worldwide including corporations, governments and individuals from more than 1,200 offices in 43 countries.
As a market leader, the talent and passion of our people is critical to our success. Together, we share a common set of values rooted in integrity, excellence and strong team ethic. Morgan Stanley can provide a superior foundation for building a professional career a place for people to learn, to achieve and grow. A philosophy that balances personal lifestyles, perspectives and needs is an important part of our culture.
Internal Audit is responsible for validating whether the firm operates in a controlled environment with appropriate risk-management processes. Auditors evaluate the adequacy and effectiveness of the firm's internal controls using a risk-based methodology developed from professional auditing standards. Internal Audit assists in monitoring the firm's compliance with internal guidelines set for risk management and risk monitoring, as well as external rules and regulations governing the industry. The team reports directly to the Board Audit Committee and helps verify whether the firm meets all of its fiduciary responsibilities to shareholders, while adhering to corporate-governance standards and legal and regulatory requirements. Internal Audit is comprised of Business and Technology auditors. Business auditors focus on understanding the risks that the businesses face and the controls to mitigate those risks. Technology auditors focus on the application controls supporting the business processes, including systems development, application security and entitlements, production management, and technology governance. Both groups are responsible for understanding, analyzing and testing the controls to protect the franchise.
Morgan Stanley is seeking a Director (non-officer) to join its Legal Compliance Coverage Group Internal Audit Division.
- Leading the execution of audit engagements from initiation to completion including executing and documenting detailed walkthroughs of key processes to identify internal controls, developing, executing and overseeing substantive testing of control and related procedures, and ultimately reporting identified issues.
- Involvement in scope determination, development of audit planning memorandums, developing testing plans, review of staff fieldwork, issue identification and discussions with clients and report writing.
- Maintaining on-going communication with compliance management to follow-up on previously identified audit issues, as well as execution of closure verification testing to validate remediation of previously identified audit issues.
- Assisting in the drafting of reporting to senior management and contributing to the development of summary materials and occasional presentation to regulatory stakeholders.
- Represent the Compliance audit team by providing subject matter expertise to other business coverage areas in front-to-back audits.
- Providing management with an independent and objective evaluation of the control environment and evaluating management's control consciousness.
- Conducting risk assessments for the Compliance audit entity universe to help drive the development of a risk-based audit plan.
General Skills and Experience
- Strong leadership, interpersonal and relationship management skills
- Strong presentation skills with senior management
- Team oriented with a strong sense of ownership and accountability
- Strong technical understanding of the financial services regulatory environment
- Excellent verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills
- Proficient understanding of the internal audit process including risk assessments, planning, scheduling, reporting, continuous auditing. Multi-tasking of various projects and deadlines.
- Solid analytical skills
- Highly motivated with the ability to multi-task and remain organized in a high paced environment
- Five to Seven years of audit or compliance experience with a financial services firm with a focus on regulatory compliance
- Prior experience with a regulatory entity a plus
- An undergraduate degree in business including Finance, Accounting, Economics, etc.
- An M.B.A. or equivalent post graduate degree is encouraged
“Morgan Stanley is an equal opportunities employer. We work to provide a supportive and inclusive environment where all individuals can maximise their full potential. Our skilled and creative workforce is comprised of individuals drawn from a broad cross section of the global communities in which we operate and who reflect a variety of backgrounds, talents, perspectives and experiences. Our strong commitment to a culture of inclusion is evident through our constant focus on recruiting, developing and advancing individuals based on their skills and talents.”
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.