Associate, Global Business Solutions - Cheltenham
- Highly competitive salary and flexible benefits
- 07 Feb 2023
- 07 Mar 2023
- Approved employers
- Approved employer
- Job role
- Accountant, Audit, Compliance/risk, Tax
- Contract type
- Full time
- Experience level
- Part qualified
Crowe is a leading national audit, tax, advisory and risk firm with global reach and local expertise. We are an independent member of Crowe Global, one of the top 10 accounting networks in the world, with access to more than 40,000 people in more than 150 countries and across more than 700 offices globally.
We pride ourselves on looking after our people, whether you’re working in corporate tax, statutory audit or you’re a marketing or HR specialist - at Crowe we invest in our people to help them be the best they can be.
We understand that it is often the culture and values of a firm that are most important when looking for a new workplace, that’s why at Crowe our people-focused culture means we value new ideas and innovation, and welcome people who are committed to making a difference by delivering excellent services to our people, clients and communities.
Crowe's growing Global Business Solutions department provides outsourced accounting and tax services to multinational companies.
Due to expansion and growth we have an excellent opportunity for an Associate to join Crowe within our Global Business Solutions department as part of the Compliance team based at our office in Cheltenham.
The remit of the Compliance team is to ensure that all statutory compliance deadlines (i.e. statutory financial statements, audits, corporate tax returns, corporate secretarial work etc.) are prepared and filed on a timely basis for our Global Business Solutions (GBS) client portfolio. This covers our clients who have either full subsidiaries, branches or permanent establishments overseas, across 25+ different countries on a global basis.
This new position would further expand the team assigned to our UK client portfolio. You’d be responsible for the preparation and review of UK financial statements, coordination of statutory audit and corporate tax work, and provide ongoing support to the Compliance Supervisor in the overall planning and management of our US client base with their UK statutory obligations.
- Preparing and reviewing UK statutory financial statements in accordance with the applicable UK financial reporting framework and standards (i.e. FRS 102).
- Demonstrable understanding, technical knowledge and application of FRS 102 for US owned UK entities.
- Reviewing financial statements, provide feedback on local statutory adjustments, provide technical support and contribute to the continued development of more junior team members and colleagues.
- Plan, schedule and coordinate UK audit work and assisting with all audit queries coordinating with both internal accounting teams and drafting clear, concise and accurate emails for clients.
- Ensuring UK compliance work is delivered inside deadlines, with minimal Compliance Supervisor input.
- Supporting UK company secretarial services such as the preparation and filing of annual Confirmation Statements, PSC Registers, director appointment and terminations, changes to registered office addresses etc. with Companies House.
- Supporting the Compliance Supervisor on assigned tasks and clients; drafting responses to client queries, dealing with ad-hoc queries and using initiative in different situations.
- Escalating any issues or concerns to the UK Compliance Supervisor/Manager as appropriate.
- Opportunity may exist to assist with compliance work for international clients also, on an ad-hoc basis as necessary.
- Previous experience in UK statutory financial preparation, review and/or audit, gained within public practice, preferably within a business solutions or audit environment.
- Part qualified (ACA/ACCA) highly desirable; ongoing study support can be provided.
- Highly organised and able to deal with multiple deadlines and prioritise tasks appropriately.
- Ability to deliver consistent responses and high standards first time through high attention to detail.
- Excellent communication skills and an ability to gain trust and develop relationships quickly.
- Able to share knowledge within the team and carry out research as needed.
- IT skills – ability to use Microsoft office packages, in particular Excel. Experience with Caseware (highly desirable).
- An interest in the big picture around what Global Business Solutions and the wider Firm can offer to our clients.
- Study support available.
Why choose Crowe?
Crowe is where talented people can realise their potential, are successful and enjoy what they do by making a positive difference to our clients, communities and each other.
Our vision is to be recognised as essential to the future success of our clients by helping them to answer tomorrow’s questions, and make smart decisions that have lasting value through the highest quality audit, tax, advisory and risk services.
We offer you an opportunity to continue your career and work for a firm that offers stability and knowledge. In addition you can work alongside experienced professionals who put the client at the heart of everything they do.
At Crowe, you will find the expertise, the resources and, above all, the commitment to help you build a satisfying and rewarding career. In return we can offer you continued career development, highly competitive salaries and flexible benefits. Plus an opportunity to work for a firm that truly values its people.
Crowe is committed to equal opportunity and diversity in recruitment and employment. We value the differences that a diverse workforce brings to our organisation and believe that diversity and inclusivity are key drivers of effectiveness and in providing our clients with a quality service.
Entry and progression within the firm is determined solely by the application of objective criteria, personal performance and merit.
We want to create the best environment for our staff to thrive. We recognise the importance of offering a flexible approach to our working environment and we would be happy to discuss with you further.
Closing Date: 17 January 2023
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.