Innovation & Technology - Associate - Software
- BDO UK
- London - Baker Street
- Competitive salary
- 07 Feb 2023
- 07 Mar 2023
- Approved employers
- Approved employer
- Job role
- Accountant, Compliance/risk, Tax
- Contract type
- Full time
- Experience level
- Qualified accountant
Ideas | People | Trust
We’re BDO. An accountancy and business advisory firm, providing the advice and solutions businesses need to navigate today’s changing world.
We’ll broaden your horizons
Working hard and working together, our Tax team thrives on keeping busy. Friendly, driven and diverse, they service our clients across the country and around the world. By providing expertise in many different specialist areas of tax, they collaborate across BDO to deliver wider business solutions. From meeting clients’ evolving business needs to managing changes to legislation, there are always fresh challenges to face in the Tax team.
Our Corporate and M&A team cover a wide spectrum of tax advisory matters including core compliance, transaction focussed advisory, tax risk, innovation and technology solutions. We work alongside the firm’s key sector teams. Our people have flexibility in the areas and sectors they cover and are able to support the teams’ growth through their contribution.
You will work with great people and great clients in a vibrant and innovative team. So if you’re after a career that will keep you on your toes, we’ll give you the platform and then provide you with the autonomy to drive your career forward.
We’ll help you succeed
As an Executive, you will be required to use your previous experience and work closely with, and support, senior members within the team and assist in the timely delivery of services.
This is a client facing role where the Executive will be working with customers from a wide range of industry sectors undertaking development activities within the built environment. A key aspect for this role will be the ability to translate complex ideas into non-technical concepts and communicate these to a broad client base.
- Undertaking the technical assessment of projects and producing the technical summary (mostly for projects with challenges in the field of civil engineering or associated sub disciplines) which will be submitted to the tax authorities (HMRC)
- Identification of qualifying R&D projects and expenditure through participation in technical discussions with clients
- Ensuring R&D claims meet the requirements of the relevant tax legislation and guidelines (the new joiner will be trained in-house on tax matters through a thorough internal induction and training programme)
- Liaison with our technical tax staff on the preparation of tax documents comprising these R&D claims for submission of claims to HMRC
- First point of contact with client
- Supporting R&D Tax Relief claims in the event of HMRC R&D enquiries
- Continuously developing own knowledge and skills and to keep technical knowledge up to date
- Representing the Firm at seminars and built environment related events
- ACA/ACCA qualified (or equivalent), or relevant work experience.
- Experience of working within corporate finance or related disciplines.
- Good knowledge of MS Office, in particular Word and Excel.
We’re in it together
Mutual support and respect is one of BDO’s core values and we’re proud of our distinctive, people-centred culture. From informal success conversations to formal mentoring and coaching, we’ll support you at every stage in your career, whatever your personal and professional needs.
Our agile working framework helps us stay connected, bringing teams together where and when it counts so they can share ideas and help one another. At BDO, you’ll always have access to the people and resources you need to do your best work.
We know that collaboration is the key to creating value for the companies we work with and satisfying experiences for our colleagues, so we’ve invested in state-of-the-art collaboration spaces in our offices. BDO’s people represent a wealth of knowledge and expertise, and we’ll encourage you to build your network, work alongside others, and share your skills and experiences. With a range of multidisciplinary events and dedicated resources, you’ll never stop learning at BDO.
We’re looking forward to the future
At BDO, we help entrepreneurial businesses to succeed, fuelling the UK economy.
Our success is powered by our people, which is why we’re always finding new ways to invest in you. Across the UK thousands of unique minds continue to come together to help companies we work with to achieve their ambitions
We’ve got a clear purpose, and we’re confident in our future, because we’re adapting and evolving to build on our strengths, ensuring we continue to find the right combination of global reach, integrity and expertise. We shape the future together with openness and clarity, because we believe in empowering people to think creatively about how we can do things better.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.