Semi Senior - Financial Services Audit
- Grant Thornton Ireland
- 07 Feb 2023
- 07 Mar 2023
- Approved employers
- Approved employer
- Job role
- Accountant, Audit
- Accounting - Public practice, Banking and financial services, Global business services and outsourcing
- Contract type
- Full time
- Experience level
- Qualified accountant
Ready for a new challenge? Then become part of a firm that does things differently.
Grant Thornton is one of Ireland’s largest growing professional services firms and plan to continue developing and growing over the coming years. We provide the edge where our people can grow personally and professionally. With 8 offices in Ireland and the Isle of Man, with in excess of more than 2000 employees, our people are our brand and they shape the growth strategies of our client.
The continued success of our business is built by our diverse team of people who have ambition, energy, motivation and who share our core values. We have 50 different nationalities working with Grant Thornton Ireland.
We, in Financial Services Audit, are looking to expand our team due to our exponential growth. This position will give you exposure to some exciting industries such as Credit Unions, Asset Management, Funds and Insurance whilst also giving you the opportunity to collaborate with clients both locally and globally. We are looking for passionate individuals, who are self-motivated, capable of using their own initiative and have the ability to plan, control and complete audit engagements for a diverse portfolio of clients.Main responsibilities:
- Assist in maintaining and developing client relationships
- Design and implementation of audit plans
- Ensure completion of assignments within appropriate budget and timeframe
- Manage trainees while on assignment
- Responsible for development and mentoring of trainees
- Take responsibility for a large and varied portfolio of clients
- Manage the accounts preparation and audit for each client
- Providing timely and accurate information to clients on ongoing audit issues
- Identifying efficiencies within the audit process
- Research in relation to recent accounting and financial reporting updates
- Working towards their ACA/ACCA qualification
- Minimum 2 years’ experience
- Experience in Audit Engagements
- Strong attention to detail and analytical assessment
- Experience working as part of a team supporting others
- Commercial awareness
- Experience gained in a Big 4 accounting firm would be advantageous
- A competitive compensation package with a defined career path
- Training and support from our dedicated learning and development team
- Overtime by way of time in lieu
- Defined Contribution Pension Plan
- Subsidised healthcare insurance
- Wedding leave
- Hybrid working week – blended arrangement where you can work from home, at the Grant Thornton office or client sites depending on business, client and teams needs
- 3pm finish on Fridays during the summer months and before a bank holiday
Grant Thornton gives you the opportunities, resources and flexibility to create a career that empowers your passion.
Resources for You:
Audit and Assurance Opportunities | Grant Thornton
At Grant Thornton, our people are at the heart of our business. Our teams are built with a variety of background, cultures, age, gender, gender identity, ability and family types to ensure we have a diversity of thought in everything we do. Grant Thornton is committed to ensuring that every staff member can bring their whole selves to work and that individuality is embraced.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.