Client Implementation Supervisor, State Street Global Advisors, Assistant Vice President
- State Street
- London, UK/Hybrid
- Not disclosed
- 07 Feb 2023
- 07 Mar 2023
- Approved employers
- Approved employer
- Contract type
- Full time
- Experience level
Who we are looking for
High calibre team player with a strong knowledge of financial products and a focus on exceptional client experience required to join the client Implementation Team at one of the industry's largest global institutional asset managers.
The EMEA Client Implementation team is positioned within Investment Operations. The team is responsible for the coordination and delivery of all new business and change events including:
- Institutional client mandate implementatation, benchmark changes, changes in custodian or administrator, variations to investment strategy, inkind asset transfers, fee changes, market openings, broker onboardings, futures clearing and derivative arrangements;
- Product events such as new Fund Launches, Mergers, Restructures, Closures, inspecies and investor registration/participant account openings.
As a Supervisor within the Clent Implementation team, you will be accountable for the controlled end to end delivery of new business and change events coordinated by the team. As a senior contact point for the team, you will be expected to understand the function to a high level of detail and demonstrate a firm grasp of the subject matter so as to support and develop the team.
The scope of the role is broad and there will be regular and ongoing involvement with multiple internal and external stakeholders.
- Plan, coordinate and manage the successful implementation of change events.
- Oversight of implementation event coordination, daily processes and key controls.
- Demonstrate technical skill and understanding of investment markets and settlement
- Providing advice and consulting on aspects of account openings and client change events.
- Chair and represent the function in both internal and external meetings.
- Complete reviews of team work and ensure that risk excellence and compliance standards are being met and team procedures are being carefully followed.
- Keep up to date on market developments relevant to the function
- Contribute to projects, audits and risk reviews as assigned.
- Look for opportunities to strengthen controls and mitigate risk.
- Support technology enhancement initiatives.
- Depending on experience, some people management functions, including recruitment and team goal setting & performance management.
- Control focussed and risk aware, able to lead by example.
- Able to delegate but remain accountable for the outcomes of team.
- Organised with strong administrative skills and a high level of attention to detail.
- Articulate and able to communicate confidently at all levels.
- Solution orientated. Driven and resilient.
- Adaptable to changing priorities in a delivery focused environment.
- Continuously working to improve client experience.
- Supervisory experience an advantage.
- Prior experience in an operatitonal client implementation role.
- Investment Operations experience gained from an investment manager, Investment Bank, Prime Broker, Fund Administrator or custodian.
- Broad understanding investment markets. Product experience desirable: Bonds, Equities, FX, Futures, OTC Derivatives, Pooled / Mutual Funds.
- Project management experience an advantage.
- An appreciation of asset transition/ inspecie mechanics helpful.
- Degree qualified with a financial or analytical discipline preferred.
- Industry qualifications considered an advantage.
State Street are committed to hiring from a fair and diverse array of genders and backgrounds and offering equal opportunities.
The above cited duties and responsibilities describe the general nature and level of work performed by people assigned to the job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all the duties and responsibilities that an incumbent may be expected or asked to perform.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.