Risk, Project & Accounting Associate (Compensation)
- Morgan Stanley
- Glasgow, UK
- Not disclosed
- 07 Feb 2023
- 13 Feb 2023
- Approved employers
- Approved employer
- Contract type
- Full time
- Experience level
- Qualified accountant
- Work in the Finance department of one of the world's top tier Financial Institutions and a first-hand insight into our business
- A desirable compensation and benefits package including eligibility for an annual bonus
- Professional development opportunities including access to Morgan Stanley's world-class internal training program
- Enriching challenges that provide opportunity for constant learning and advancement
- A supportive and inclusive environment, we accept individual differences and use them to better our work environment and culture
- A balance between personal and professional lifestyles, including flexible working opportunities such as work from home arrangements
- High specification office space with leading technologies, collaborative working spaces and wellbeing facilities including an onsite fitness suite
- Have a portfolio of responsibilities supporting the risk agenda, project management and digital tooling in addition to coverage for certain accounting and reporting processes for the Global Compensation Control function.
- Support the functional risk lead responsible for delivery of the firm's risk framework, including establishing centralized FX risk monitoring
- Lead an initiative to design and build a documentation repository and play a key role in the coordination of enhanced documentation cross the group
- Support the expanded use of digital tools including Alteryx and UiPath across the team, including involvement in the build of reporting outputs
- Leading or participating in other projects including management of project plans, documentation, and direct ownership for delivery of certain functional initiatives
- Be involved in accounting and reporting for various compensation plans and related investments representing a diverse range of products
- Professional Accountancy Qualification, or equivalent specialization in Finance
- Demonstrated experience in finance processes, controls, and reporting
- Flexibility to change priorities as new situations present themselves
- Strong communication skills; clear, concise, and appropriate method of delivery
- Experience with establishing and meeting critical deadlines, as well as tracking and driving execution
- Risk awareness and good guardianship skills
- Collaborative team player with a strong work ethic that works effectively in cross-functional team environment
You may also have:
- Alteryx expertise
- Project management experience
The Compensation Controller team is led globally from Glasgow and is part of Global Corporate Controllers. The function is responsible for financial accounting, control, and reporting, both internal and external, related to the firm's compensation and benefit plans globally.
The team is responsible for front to back accounting, control and reporting of compensation and benefits for the firm, as a result, team members perform a variety of functions within their roles offering a breadth of experience for the right candidate. For example:
- Financial accounting across all GAAPS and legal entities
- Close collaboration with accounting policy on interpretation and implementation of new accounting rules or accounting analysis of new compensation arrangements
- Involvement in firm and financier-wide initiatives as an SME with accountability for assessing, planning, and delivering all compensation & benefit related accounting and reporting impacts
- Regulatory and statutory financial reporting at firm and subsidiary level including analysis and implementation of any new reporting requirements
- Management reporting and forecasting for the CFO and other senior stakeholders
This role represents an exciting opportunity to further develop a variety of skills and be part of a global function.
Morgan Stanley is a leading global financial services firm providing a wide range of investment banking, securities, investment management and wealth management services. Morgan Stanley provides a superior foundation for building a professional career - a place for people to learn, achieve and grow. [HR to provide sentence specific to GIC location (Glasgow)]
Interested in flexible working opportunities? Morgan Stanley empowers employees to have greater freedom of choice through flexible working arrangements. Speak to our recruitment team to find out more.
Morgan Stanley is an equal opportunities employer. We work to provide a supportive and inclusive environment where all individuals can maximize their full potential. Our skilled and creative workforce is comprised of individuals drawn from a broad cross section of the global communities in which we operate and who reflect a variety of backgrounds, talents, perspectives, and experiences. Our strong commitment to a culture of inclusion is evident through our constant focus on recruiting, developing, and advancing individuals based on their skills and talents.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.