Regulatory Capital Reporting - Credit Risk Associate
- J.P. Morgan
- London, UK
- Highly competitive compensation package
- 07 Feb 2023
- 16 Feb 2023
- Approved employers
- Approved employer
- Job role
- Financial accountant, Financial analyst, Financial controller, Financial planning & analysis
- Contract type
- Full time
- Experience level
- Qualified accountant
You will be working in the Credit Risk team within the Capital Reporting Regulatory department of Finance.
The group is a service-orientated business comprised of specialised individuals with knowledge and expertise in understanding, managing and delivering financial information to our regulators.
- Preparation of monthly, quarterly and biannual returns for the UK solo regulated entities and their associated UK consolidation groups.
- Weekly production of Credit Risk Requirement for all products under Standardised Rules and reporting of Internal Model Method (IMM) results for management reporting
- Production of the quarterly Credit Risk, CVA, Large Exposures and Leverage Ratio reporting requirements, including a critical review of the following COREP templates: C7, C9, C11, C13, C14, C25, C34, C35 (Credit Risk) and LV.40 to LV.47 (Leverage Ratio) within COR001, and C26-C29 (Large Exposures) within COR002
- Being Subject Matter Expert on regulatory capital calculations
- Performing analysis and challenging regulatory capital drivers and key variances, including liaising with line of business reporting, and provide commentary
- Understanding the reporting model infrastructure and implementing streamlined process solutions towards a more efficient reporting model
- Addressing internal and external Audit requests, as well as from the regulators
Required qualifications, capabilities, and skills
- Degree qualification and either accountancy qualification or qualification by experience with Financial Services industry.
- Good understanding of investment banking products, including derivatives and security financing transactions, as well as loans and other credit products.
- Not essential but an added advantage - Axiom/Alteryx user/knowledge experience, familiarity with Fundamental review of the traiding book.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Flexibility to work under pressure to meet changing work requirements and strict deadlines
- Ability to communicate effectively at all levels
Preferred qualifications, capabilities, and skills
- Familiarity with current Capital Regulation (CRD4/CRD5) and reporting requirements (COREP).
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office – Excel (pivot tables and vlookups), Access, Outlook, Word and PowerPoint.
- General accounting, reconciliation and finance knowledge essential, preferably from a Regulatory environment.
J.P. Morgan is a global leader in financial services, providing strategic advice and products to the world’s most prominent corporations, governments, wealthy individuals and institutional investors. Our first-class business in a first-class way approach to serving clients drives everything we do. We strive to build trusted, long-term partnerships to help our clients achieve their business objectives.
We recognize that our people are our strength and the diverse talents they bring to our global workforce are directly linked to our success. We are an equal opportunity employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants’ and employees’ religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.
About the Team
The Corporate & Investment Bank is a global leader across investment banking, wholesale payments, markets and securities services. The world’s most important corporations, governments and institutions entrust us with their business in more than 100 countries. We provide strategic advice, raise capital, manage risk and extend liquidity in markets around the world.
Global Finance & Business Management works to strategically manage capital, drive growth and efficiencies, maintain financial reporting and proactively manage risk. By providing information, analysis and recommendations to improve results and drive decisions, teams ensure the company can navigate all types of market conditions while protecting our fortress balance sheet.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.