Consultant - International Aid Assurance #694
- Accounting for International Development
- London base, 20% world travel UK
- 07 Feb 2023
- 03 Mar 2023
- Job role
- Accountant, Audit, Finance manager
- Contract type
- Full time
- Experience level
- Qualified accountant
CONSULTANT - International Aid Assurance #694
Development Audit, Assurance & Capacity Building practice
London base, 20% world travel UK
An exciting consulting role within a team focused on assignments in developing nations and emerging markets, working principally for multi-lateral agencies such as the World Bank & The Foreign & Commonwealth Office. Projects include public financial management and public sector governance, internal and external audit.
At the heart of the team's work is Aid Oversight: improving the ways in which developing country government’s mange aid spending, track, and monitor use of donor funds to ensure that projects are properly delivered. Other areas include anti-corruption, fiduciary risk, and capacity building.
This role suits someone looking for: progressive responsibility in international development project management; experience in writing high-quality, innovative proposals for agencies such as DFID, the Foreign Office, and the World Bank; and exposure to financial management and internal control reviews
The Consultant will perform a key role in supporting the management of existing projects, including projects in Asia and Africa, and significant travel to these and other locations.
You will also work with us in the identification and development of relevant prospects and technical and financial proposals. Our intention is that you will progress to fully managing several of our projects in terms of budgetary control and financial reporting, recruitment and staffing, client management, strategic oversight, and technical quality assurance, as well as continuing to play an important role in business development and bidding.
Over time, we will support you to develop expertise on the following:
- Project management and oversight;
- Managing complex delivery tasks and project risks;
- Leading technical and financial proposals;
- Understanding local delivery contexts and political economies;
We are looking for someone who is enthusiastic, innovative, energetic, committed to excellence in all their work, and wants to develop or kick-start a career in international development consulting. You may be a newly qualified accountant or with a number of years’ experience post qualification.
We are looking for someone who is keen to take ownership of projects and will seek to maximise their projects’ impact in every way.
- A degree in a relevant field from an internationally recognised university or alternatively a professional accountancy qualification;
- Outstanding English communication skills, both written and oral (essential)
- Excellent writing skills and the ability to produce persuasive, succinct inputs to proposals
- Excellent inter-personal skills and team-work;
- Good numerical ability with a focus on financial awareness and ability;
- Ability to research and put together information needed for proposals.
- Experience in either external audit or internal audit/controls;
- Demonstrable knowledge of and interest in the world of international development or consultancy sector;
- Demonstrated experience of using initiative, client-orientation, delivery to timelines, and working in complex and pressured contexts
- Experience of working in developing countries.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.