OTC Derivatives Officer
- State Street
- Dublin 2, Ireland
- Not disclosed
- 06 Feb 2023
- 06 Mar 2023
- Approved employers
- Approved employer
- Contract type
- Full time
- Experience level
- Qualified accountant
Who we are looking for?
You! Whether you want to gain experience in the largest financial administrator in Ireland or looking for a managerial step up, then State Street Ireland is the place for you. We have a roles at all levels available across our departments within OTC Middle Office Operations.
We are the largest financial administrator in Ireland, servicing global market leading clients across a variety of product types including ETFS, CCFs, Multi Manager funds, Fund of Funds, Alternative UCITS, Private Equity and Real Estate Funds. With us, you have the opportunity to develop your career in many different directions within the funds industry.
Why this role is important to us
As an Officer in State Street’s Corporate Actions team based in Ireland, this role is responsible for the delivery of accounting and oversight services to State Street’s clients.
The candidate will be responsible for providing subject matter expert support answering Corporate Actions inquiries and ensuring deliverables are met within client service level agreements and agreed quality standards.
Working in a global team, the candidate will liaise with State Street colleagues and clients across multiple time zones for corporate actions.
The candidate will take on a mainly Oversight role, liaising with the operational offshore team in India.
What you will be responsible for
As Officer, you will
- Be responsible for day-to-day execution & operational controls, works independently and has ability to prioritize and manage daily work based on time lines
- Provide support to ensure NAV queries are resolved and escalated as needed within the assigned timeframes.
- Issue intervention and be oversight responsible for inquiry resolution & direct participation with internal and external parties
- Provide ‘Subject Matter Expert’ support to colleagues, clients and stakeholders – assist in mentoring and training of new staff members.
- Support, assist and execute on key initiatives that enhance State Street’s products, services and processes for both internal stakeholders and external customers
- Document and communicate with senior managers regularly on all aspects of the progress of the offshore team, KRIs, KPIs, reoccurring trends, etc
- Maintain a comprehensive audit and risk management environment to ensure compliance with all regulators. Review, maintain and update Standard Operating Procedures as necessary in accordance with process evolution
- Hold team meetings to discuss current group issues and market trends. Meet individually to provide direct performance feedback and address concerns.
- Participate in on-going training and development
Education & Preferred Qualifications
No essential qualification required, however a degree in Accounting or Finance or Business related area or ACCA/CIMA/ACA/CPA qualified or part qualified an advantage
Skills and Experience - interpersonal, numerical, problem-solving, analytical, etc
What we value
These skills will help you succeed in this role
- Attention to detail and ability to organize and produce quality work within tight deadlines
- Strong analytical skills and ability to work with large volumes of data
- Team player who can both provide assistance to and influence others
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and relationship building skills
- Ability to identify and mitigate key risk factors
- Experience with working with offshore teams would be an advantage
- Experience in the financial services industry in areas such as: Asset Management, Fund Accounting, Reporting, VBA Development;
Required Competencies - motivation, team skills, ability to work under pressure, etc.
- As an Middle Office Oversight Officer, it is essential to have clear communications skills, adjustable for differences in client, jurisdiction and staffing experience.
- Willingness to learn new technologies, applications and expand current knowledge;
- Aptitude for seeking out solutions and knowledge independently;
- Ability to break down a problem/process into sequential and logical steps;
- Ability to thrive and function in a deadline driven environment, juggle tasks and responsibilities within peak times;
Apply today – Join a global player with local values.
About State Street
What we do. State Street is one of the largest custodian banks, asset managers and asset intelligence companies in the world. From technology to product innovation, we’re making our mark on the financial services industry. For more than two centuries, we’ve been helping our clients safeguard and steward the investments of millions of people. We provide investment servicing, data & analytics, investment research & trading and investment management to institutional clients.
Work, Live and Grow. We make all efforts to create a great work environment. Our benefits packages are competitive and comprehensive. Details vary by location, but you may expect generous medical care, insurance and savings plans, among other perks. You’ll have access to flexible Work Programs to help you match your needs. And our wealth of development programs and educational support will help you reach your full potential.
Inclusion, Diversity and Social Responsibility. Inclusion, diversity and equity is our company-wide effort strongly supported by our State Street Ireland senior management team, which recognizes unique talents of our employees to ensure that they feel engaged and valued. We provide local support to more than 24 employee networks with over 100 chapters across the globe, regional/country teams and business units’ employee action committees. We are very proud of our employees ongoing engagement in developing our culture and values. We recognise and value the strength that comes from diversity and engage with industry partners to drive this forward collectively. We will continue to nourish our culture so every employee feels valued, inspired and empowered to leverage their diverse experiences and identities, which provide innovative, authentic and enhanced service to our clients and to our community, and each other.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.