EY Ireland - Business Consulting Graduate Programme 2023
- Cork - IRL, Dublin - IRL
- Not disclosed
- 06 Feb 2023
- 01 Mar 2023
- Approved employers
- Approved employer
- Contract type
- Full time
- Experience level
- Entry level, Graduate scheme
EY Business Consulting Graduate Programme 2023 - Ireland
*Please note you may only apply to one 2023 EY graduate programme. All additional applications will not be considered.
At EY, we're building a better working world. Starting with yours.
We know that big ideas can come from anywhere and some of our highest flyers come from under the radar. Apply now for the EY Graduate Programme 2023, that’s designed for those who want to think outside the box.
By joining one of our award-winning Graduate Programmes, you will have the opportunity to become an integral part of a team in EY. You’ll receive world-class hands-on training that has real-world application. You’ll stretch yourself and we’ll challenge you.
We’re #1 in the areas that matter for your career and we’re looking for graduates with no borders on their ambitions.
Here’s to building a better working world.
The EY Business Consulting Graduate Programme
Our clients rely on our Business Consulting team’s expert knowledge to advise on a broad range of issues across a variety of industries. We offer guidance to companies looking to grow or change or improve performance. Business Consulting is a fast-moving, high-growth area that reflects the challenges and uncertainty of today’s world.
We look for people with commercial acumen who are inquisitive, analytical, and ambitious. You’ll need to challenge us, act on your own initiative and demonstrate the potential to become a future business leader. If this sounds like you, we want you to apply for our Graduate Programme in Business Consulting.
What kind of work could you be doing?
Once you apply for the graduate programme in Business Consulting, your application will be sent to our teams for review. If your application and if successful, you will be invited to interview with EY for one of the below areas.
Please remember if you have a preference for a certain area within Business Consulting, make sure to note this on your application form! All preferences cannot be guaranteed; however, we will do our best to facilitate you.
- Transformation Delivery
- The Transformation Delivery team focuses on supporting our clients to realise value by turning strategy into desired and aligned outcomes. In Transformation Delivery we enable clients on their transformation and digital transformation journeys, covering the end-to-end transformation journey from understanding what the client needs in the future through to the delivery of this.
- We lead on Digital Transformation to strategically implement planned change, to enable organisations to stay relevant and competitive in a disruptive marketplace by leveraging and developing compelling technology.
- Experienced Design (EY Seren)
- EY Seren help organisations achieve business transformation, by putting the human first. We believe that placing ‘humans at the centre’ of any transformation leads to better success for any organisation. This approach enables the innovation of strategies, services and products that meet these specific needs and creates long-term value.
- Business Design
- Business Design works directly alongside clients to help them achieve improve customer and user outcomes through effective operational strategies, process improvement, enhancing performance management and cost optimisation activities.
- We transform our clients’ operating models, enabling them to create more value for the customers, members, and citizens they serve. We collaborate closely with our clients to create the changes in their business models, processes and digital capabilities that deliver radically improved outcomes for the customer and the organisation. We use design thinking, customer-centricity, and innovation to drive the optimal design decisions and outcomes.
- Enterprise Risk provides practical risk management, internal audit, internal controls (including SOX) and process improvement solutions to deliver business benefits that go beyond compliance. Our team also work with our Transactions service line to support companies intending to list publicly in the UK, delivering Financial Position and Prospects services.
- We work with many of today's leading companies across both the UK & Ireland private sector and global multinationals, in industry sectors including energy and assets, technology, media and telecommunication, consumer products, life sciences and manufacturing, and within the government and public sector.
Supply Chain & Operations
- In Supply Chain & Operations, we work with a wide array of clients in various sectors to assist them in optimising their supply chain model to:
- Generate Efficiencies
- Reduce costs
- Increase Resilience
- Digital Manufacturing
- Finance Transformation can help to solve complex challenges and issues that are prevalent as businesses seek to transform themselves in the digital age.
- Working with Chief Financial Officers and finance organisations around the world, we help assess and transform our clients' finance function to improve performance and effectiveness. We provide insights and recommendations on people, processes and systems and then work with our clients to deliver improvements.
- Our services include management accounting, financial accounting (financial statement close optimisation), and finance transformation (e.g., finance target operating model design). We work with clients from a large range of industries including pharma, consumer, energy, technology and the public sector.
- Technology is at the heart of most modern organisations. While Technology opens opportunities, it also exposes organisations to risks.
- Our Technology Risk teams combine digital know-how with advanced technology to help clients understand and transform their businesses. Our experience helps clients grow, manage, protect and, when necessary, transform their businesses. Together, we shape entire industries by applying the right technological solutions to real world problems. Your diversity of thought will only strengthen our work within this incredibly varied business area.
People Advisory Services (PAS)
- EY’s People Advisory Services (PAS) Performance service line provides a suite of services to support our clients through periods of transformation; helping them to manage change and develop an effective organisation design.
Training & Development
In addition to our comprehensive graduate on-boarding and induction process, there is on-going graduate training over the first 2 years. Every new hire is assigned a buddy who is there to support and guide you through your first months. Further, every member of the team is supported by a more senior team member who supports the individual in terms of performance management and career development as well as building competence, motivation and confidence.
We have a comprehensive Learning and Development program in place for all staff members and access to a vast library of on-line courses. We also have specific Learning Pathways for each level in the organisation including classroom-based learning as well as our bespoke EY Badges learning initiative which encourages you to attain a level of proficiency in skills of interest to you and valuable to our clients.
Exam Routes (Optional)
- Chartered Institute of Management Accountants (CIMA) Qualification
- Whilst Graduates on the Consulting Graduate Programme are not obliged to pursue professional qualifications, if you wish you may pursue the CIMA management accounting qualification. While you will direct your own learning, we also offer an internal exam support curriculum to assist you in preparing for and passing your exams the first time.
- This support is offered as an additional resource, on top of that already offered by the education provider, the Chartered Institute of Management Accountants (CIMA). It will help you to recognise the links between exam and workplace learning and advise you on when and how you should focus your study time coming up to exams. You will have internal and external lecturers on hand to offer advice as we deliver a ‘best in class’ professional education experience.
- You may also choose to pursue the ACCA professional accounting qualification within Consulting. If you opt to take this exam pathway, you will direct your own learning, and we will also offer you an internal exam support curriculum to assist you in preparing for and passing your exams the first time. This support is offered as an additional resource, on top of that already offered by the education provider, ACCA, and you will have internal and external lecturers on hand to offer advice as we deliver a ‘best in class’ professional education experience.
- As a platinum accredited training firm, EY provides all graduates pursuing this exam route with the study leave recommended by the ACCA, and EY will grant you paid education leave on the first attempt of your exams.
There are some areas where you will have the opportunity to access specific learning and development opportunities:
- Transformation Delivery
- Within Transformation Delivery we will also upskill and train you on a targeted range of approaches and tools such as Design Thinking, PRINCE2, Scrum Master, Agile Delivery, Data Visualisation and more.
- Technology Risk
- Options: Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA), Cloud Computing, Cyber Security, PRINCE2 (Programme Management) or other relevant industry qualifications as required by the business
Skills and attributes for success
- A minimum 2.1 or higher in your chosen Bachelor’s degree.
- Proficiency in MS Office suite (PowerPoint, Excel, Word).
- You demonstrate integrity, respect, and teaming.
- You have the energy, enthusiasm and the courage to lead.
- You can see the bigger picture, while also being detail oriented.
- You enjoy problem solving, you are willing to ask questions, embrace new challenges and are passionate about reimagining the future.
- You have the proficiency to manage several projects simultaneously; and are confident handling change and prioritising tasks.
- You have excellent communication skills and can clearly articulate your ideas, designs, and suggestions.
Desirable but not required:
If you have completed an Erasmus, relevant course of study and/or a relevant Internship; if you have had a part time job or business, have given time dedication to a skill, sport, or volunteering work.
Please see some additional desired skills and attributes for success below, based on your area of interest:
- Experienced Design (EY Seren)
- Innovation/Marketing/UX/UI or other related disciplines are preferred.
- Client facing experience in professional services or experience working in user experience design, design systems and/or design thinking/Lean Six Sigma/Agile/SCRUM
- Business Design
- Desirable not but not required: Have previous experience in agile/waterfall delivery, strategy/ operating model design, operations, or process excellence delivery or are willing to learn.
- Enterprise Risk
- Strong appreciation of risks, internal audit / internal control, in both financial and operational processes.
- Supply Chain
- Desirable not but not required: Understanding of the key principles of Supply Chain Management including, but not limited to:
- Demand Planning
- Warehousing & Logistics
We aim to create a diverse workplace, which contributes to our objective of building a better working world. We are looking for people from all academic backgrounds – including business, science, engineering, arts, humanities, health, law, and more.
Building a better working world. Starting with yours.
Applications close 28th February 2023.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.