AVP – Litigation Accounting
- Credit Suisse
- Raleigh, NC, United States
- Not disclosed
- 06 Feb 2023
- 06 Mar 2023
- Contract type
- Full time
- Experience level
As part of the Litigation Accounting Team, within the Expense Accounting & Control (EAC) function you will support many of the critical accounting and control processes pertaining to firm-wide litigation matters and the Investment Bank (IB) Expense Reporting. The position involves cross-team collaboration with a broad range of global internal stakeholders, including General Counsel, Tax, Regulatory Reporting, Risk and Compliance, and Finance. Responsibilities of this role include, but are not limited to:
- Interaction with regional litigation teams and divisional COO’s to respond to ad-hoc requests into the firm’s litigation costs
- Reviewing and approving of month-end close journal entries across firm-wide litigation matters
- Reconciliations to support month-end close / balance sheet signoffs
- Control performer (CP) for Litigation Accounting SOX controls
- Ensuring accurate and timely completion of SOX controls
- Ensuring retention of appropriate documentation for Internal/External reference
- Support centralization initiatives / ongoing projects to enhance efficiencies within the function
Your future colleagues
The Litigation Accounting Team is centralized and based in Raleigh NC and is responsible for the accounting and reporting of firm-wide litigation matters across Credit Suisse Divisions. This includes, but is not limited to, income statement and balance sheet accounting, financial analysis / presentation, and compliance with key SOX controls governing the function. We are a department which values Diversity and Inclusion (D&I) and is committed to realizing the firm’s D&I ambition which is an integral part of our global cultural values.Remote Working? N/A - pending TWWW agreement
Your skills and experience
We are looking for applicants with bachelor’s degree in or relevant to Finance/Accounting and 5+years industry experience (master’s degree, CPA, or industry experience with USGAAP or SOX is a plus). An ability to work in a fast-paced environment with an excellent ability to work effectively on a small team to drive multiple tasks and projects concurrently.
- Results oriented, proactive approach and willingness to take ownership of work
- Show initiative to learn and improve processes
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications (Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
- Essbase and/or PeopleSoft experience preferred
- Have a proven understanding of USGAAP accounting principles
- Excellent organizational skills
- Be able to work effectively both as part of a team as well as independently
Find a new home for your skills, ideas, and ambitions. Credit Suisse offers you the ideal environment to progress your career, attractive benefits and excellent training.
We are a leading wealth manager with strong global investment banking capabilities founded in 1856. Headquartered in Zurich, Switzerland, and with more than 45,000 employees from over 150 nations, we are always looking for motivated individuals to help us shape the future for our clients.
Credit Suisse is an equal opportunity employer. Welcoming diversity gives us a competitive advantage in the global marketplace and drives our success. We are committed to building a culture of inclusion with a deep sense of belonging for all of us. We will consider flexible working opportunities where possible. Our bank provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities, as well as those with other needs or beliefs as may be protected under applicable local law. If you require assistance during the recruitment process, please let your recruiter know.
Credit Suisse complies with applicable federal, state, and local laws, as well as regulatory requirements, regarding considering of employment qualified individuals with criminal histories and prohibiting discrimination in employment in every jurisdiction in which it maintains facilities.
All Credit Suisse employees in the USA must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and submit proof of vaccination prior to their start date, except where exempted by applicable law.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.