Supply Analyst- 12 month FTC
- Next PLC
- Leicester, Leicestershire, United Kingdom
- Competitive salary + benefits
- 06 Feb 2023
- 17 Feb 2023
- Approved employers
- Approved employer
- Retail and FMCG
- Contract type
- Full time
About the role:
At Next we have an exciting opportunity for a Supply Analyst to join our Purchasing and Supply Team within Commercial Services, on a 12 month fixed term contract. You wil lsupport the great partnership we have with Victoria's Secret. You will be responsible for managing all of the non-stocks (GNFR) for Victoria's Secret, both retail and online, working closely with the team at Next to ensure best practice. You will manage 200+ SKUs so you must be confident dealing with lots of data. You will be able to manipulate this data to make informed commercial decisions and flag potential supply issues. The knowledge you build will also be leaned on to help support on boarding any other Total Platform partners into the business. You will also be able to crystallise the information to highlight opportunities to improve operational efficiency and identify synergies. Excellent communication will be key, and you will be dealing with numerous stakeholders and suppliers across Next and Victoria's Secret. The role will give you the opportunity to get out and about, visiting our non-stocks warehouse in Bristol and visiting stores to understand the retail operation.
Supply planning and Analysis
- Create supply plans for review by the Next Buyer / Victoria’s Secret Operations Manager
- Ensure supply plans are reviewed and implemented quarterly & kept up to date for known developments and escalate concerns to the Buyer.
- Analyse forecast vs actuals to identify trends, update supply plans in accordance with findings, and escalate any concerns to the Buyer.
Stock inventory control:
- Work with suppliers + Victoria’s Secret US to plan stock into the business, reviewing supplier’s capacity vs. demand & delivery scheduling.
- Take total ownership for the house keeping of stock, review slow moving lines or excess stock on a regular basis and take relevant action with the warehouse, supplier & finance.
- Be aware of any ongoing stock queries or risks and highlight to the Buyer.
- Manage back orders and proactively manage stock and supply base.
- Take ownership or support any onboarding of further Total Platform partners into our non-stock Bristol warehouse
- Management of multiple warehouse stock counts for online packaging requirements
- Work alongside Category Buyers to effectively manage suppliers
- Attend supplier meetings and reviews (working alongside buyer but if relevant or required chairing meetings)
- Support Category Buyer by providing information for eTenders and quotes
- Take ownership of forecasting, supply and delivery for any new products and allocations (e.g. sale)
Gift Card Stock Management:
- Be responsible for Victoria’s Secret giftcard replenishment to stores as an end to end process
- Maintain store grades to ensure the right level of stock is held at store level
- Monitor giftcard stocks against forecast
- Prepare all giftcard allocations / replenishment for review by category buyer
- Prepare all forecasts for giftcard purchases for review by Category Buyer
- Provide seasonal or quarterly packaging data
- Own development and production of Valpack and Repack submissions
- Hold review meetings with stakeholders where required
- Organise meetings, agree agenda in advance and circulate minutes from visits or meetings to all attendees.
- Visit stores / warehouses when required producing notes / minutes.
- Weekly dashboard MI and insight reporting
- Weekly despatch reports for online business packaging
- On request provide any additional ad-hoc reporting
- To provide initial investigation on all queries raised by the end user, see queries through to satisfactory conclusion.
- Provide feedback to the Purchasing & Supply Manager and Category Buyers where required.
- Drive supplier compliance for best practice procure to pay processes through ensuring invoices are paid in line with supplier payment terms & proactively review reason codes and route causes to prevent failures.
- Assist Finance with queries relating to goods or services supplied by the department.
- Review offbook stock figures, taking any required action in line with month end timescales
- Have a Commercial acumen
- Able to deal with large sets of data
- Good Excel experience and analytical skills
- Logical thinker
- Excellent communicator both written and verbal
- Can-do attitude
- Problem solver
You know Next, but did you know we’re a FTSE-100 retail company employing over 35,000 people across the UK and Ireland. We’re the UK’s 2nd largest fashion retailer and for Kidswear we’re the market leader. At the last count we have over 500 stores, plus the Next Online and it’s now possible to buy on-line from over 70 countries around the world! So we’ve gone global!
About some of our Benefits
- 25% off a huge selection of Next, Lipsy & Victoria's Secret products
- Company performance based bonus
- Sharesave scheme
- On-site Nursery available; OFSTED outstanding in all areas
- 10% off most partner brands & up to 15% off Branded Beauty
- Early VIP access to sale stock
- Access to fantastic discounts at our Staff Shops
- Subsidised restaurant, coffee shop and juice bar
- Access a 24/7 digital GP and other free health and wellbeing services
- Free on-site parking
Our aim is to support all applicants during the application process and to provide reasonable adjustments when necessary and requested. If you would like to request support with your application due to any health condition, feel free to get in touch with us by calling us on 0116 284 6858 and leave a voicemail.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.