Accounts and Advisory Assistant Manger
- Menzies LLP
- Leatherhead. UK
- Competitive salary plus great benefits
- 06 Feb 2023
- 06 Mar 2023
- Approved employers
- Approved employer
- Accounting - Public practice
- Contract type
- Full time
- Experience level
Are you an experienced Accounts Assistant Manager or a Senior ready for the next step up.
We are looking for an Assistant Manager to join our dynamic and established Leatherhead office Accounts team.
The purpose of this role is a management of a mixed portfolio of UK and International clients in conjunction with the principal relationship holders (Partners and Directors). Taking responsibility for all aspects of the execution of compliance engagements for those clients (predominantly statutory accounts preparation), including client meetings.
This role is part of David's team, you may find out more about him here
Why join Menzies?
- We are a UK based recognised employer of choice with office locations in London, Surrey, Hampshire and South Wales (Cardiff).
- Join our family of 500 employees. Be a member and not just a number!
- We offer a dynamic and rewarding environment with exposure to a diverse range of clients and industry sectors
- Our package and benefits are very competitive
- Work life balance is part of our organisational culture,
- We believe in developing our staff throughout their career
Key Benefits we offer, but not limited to:
- Competitive base salary (we do yearly market research to ensure we offer a competitive salary to our employees and joining candidates)
- 33 days annual leave entitlement a year including bank holidays.
- Annual buy and sell leave scheme
- Private Medical Cover available to all employees (trainees can opt in for a salary sacrifice)
- Private Pension Matching Scheme: if employee contributes 2.5-5%, we match it and add another 3% on top!
- Employee Referral Bonus up to £10,000 for a successful placement
- Reimbursement of one professional subscription each year
- Dress for your day policy – you decide, not us!
- Life Assurance 4x your salary
- Group Income Protection – 75% of salary if long term sickness exceeds 6 months
- Agile Working is embedded in our culture: we understand that everyone works in different ways and need flexibility within their working day
- Learning and Development opportunities and Study Support throughout your Menzies career
- Career Coaching programme for Managers and above
- Better Place to Work Initiative: proactive benchmarking of the best DEI and wellbeing programmes to offer our employees and improve our employee experience
- CSR Programme: each office will be involved in various charity and sporting activities to help raise funds and give back to the local community.
- Employee Assistance Programme - our EAP is available for all Menzies employees and their families. As well as being a support line for mental health counselling, it also offers practical financial, legal and life management advice 24 /7 and is completely confidential.
- Paid sick leave – a generous scheme to help you when you are struggling with health issues
- Free flu jab, eyesight test and physical health checks
- Cycle to work scheme
- Enhanced Parental + Family Leave: We are a place where you can combine both a career and a family so those going on Maternity Leave can expect 100% pay for 3 months and 50% pay for the next 6 weeks, those going on Paternity Leave can expect 100% pay for 2 weeks (both subject to eligibility). We also have Adoption and Shared Parental Leave
- Volunteering Scheme with a maximum of 2.5 days given by the Firm to match 2.5 days devoted to qualifying schemes by the employee in any 12-month period.
- Season Ticket Loan
- Seamless interaction with other service lines to provide a joined-up service to clients.
- Build relationships and maintain close contact with clients throughout engagements to ensure continuing good relations and the effective completion of work, including fully understanding each client’s business, future goals, and ambitions.
- A comprehensive understanding of the full range of Menzies services is required to facilitate cross-selling to existing and potential clients.
- Having or building relationships with a good pool of contacts, facilitating recommendations to the clients and potential prospects, creating opportunities for inward referrals. Business development activities and initiatives to promote the service line and the Menzies brand.
- Financial management of the portfolio lock up (work in progress and fees), ensuring efficiency and maximising recoveries.
- Manage team fee budgets for the month and billing of client work. Monitor time spent on engagements to ensure a commercial return for the business. Deal with any client queries.
- Provision of training to more junior accounts employees.
- ACCA / ACA Qualified or equivalent
- Experience working in a Mid-Tier accounting general practice
- Knowledge of CaseWare a benefit
- Comprehensive accounting and taxation experience including: Accounting standards, Working knowledge - corporate taxation, Working knowledge - personal taxation
Our focus at Menzies is providing a #BrighterThinking approach, going the extra mile to keep clients on-track to achieve their personal and business objectives. As a leading UK accountancy & advisory firm we have a passion for advising entrepreneurs and SMEs through our sector-led teams.
We apply the same principles to individuals within the firm. Our people are ambitious, self-motivated and encouraged to develop their skill set and realise their potential.
#BrighterThinking is how we sum up the difference we make, as a firm, to our clients and in the way we hire and develop talent in Menzies. It’s finance and accounting expertise, combined with strategic commercial thinking and a promise to add real value across all areas of our client’s businesses.
When we require external assistance with our vacancies we will reach out to our PSL supply chain, please be aware we operate a very strict PSL policy with close relationships with our suppliers and cannot respond to agencies outside of the PSL and we do not accept speculative CV's as an introduction. Please do not contact individual hiring managers or the Talent Acquisition team.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.