Corporate Treasury/Chief Investment Office
- J.P. Morgan
- London, UK
- Highly competitive compensation package
- 06 Feb 2023
- 10 Feb 2023
- Approved employers
- Approved employer
- Job role
- Compliance/risk, Financial analyst, Financial planning & analysis, Fund accountant, Treasury
- Contract type
- Full time
- Experience level
- Qualified accountant
Capital and Liquidity Policy sits within the Treasury/Chief Investment Office as part of the Capital & Liquidity Management (CALM) function which oversees the end-to-end regulatory capital measurement across the firm. The open position is in the CIB Markets coverage team, where you will be responsible for guidance and interpretations on the US regulatory capital & liquidity treatment for the Markets business within the CIB including the review of strategic business initiatives and large or novel transactions, partnering with business, finance, and risk teams.
CALM is responsible for the management of the Firm’s capital and liquidity resources as well as the firmwide capital stress testing process. CALM partners with other functions, including Risk, Corporate Financial Reporting and the Lines of Business (LOBs) to establish control and governance best practices and accountability for the regulatory capital process. CALM is also responsible for interfacing with regulators on capital-related issues and guiding LOBs on efficient capital decisions.
Regulatory Capital & Liquidity Policy role:-
You will help to interpret and provide guidance on US regulatory capital and liquidity rules for current, pending, and proposed transactions in support of Front Office, Risk, Finance and Technology. As such your core functions will include:-
- to review and interpret US and International Capital & Liquidity Rules and Proposals
- to aid in the activities of established teams in Finance and Risk to ensure compliance with U.S. regulatory capital & liquidity requirements
- to provide input and support to the teams working with the U.S. regulatory agencies regarding, regulatory examinations, capital and liquidity policy and ad-hoc inquiries
- to support Finance, Front Office and management teams across the globe with respect to application of US regulatory capital & liquidity rules (and where they differ from local/regional requirements)
- to help to increase involvement and partnership in EMEA (UK/non-UK) and APAC policy guidance, RWA production, and independent review.
The open position is within the CIB Markets coverage team, covering the US, EMEA, and APAC. It is divided by Risk Stripe, LOB, and Region. The team provides interpretations and guidance on the US regulatory capital & liquidity treatment for the Markets Business within the Corporate & Investment Bank (CIB) as well as large or novel transactions, partnering with LOBs and Finance teams as well as internal Subject Matter Experts.
CIB Markets incorporates Macro Markets (Rates, Currencies and Emerging Markets [CEM], and Commodities), Credit Trading and Syndicate, Equities, Securitized Products, Public Finance, Markets Execution, Sales and Marketing and Research and Investor Services. The team primarily supports Macro Markets, Credit Trading and Syndicate, Equities, and the relevant Sales and Marketing teams.
Candidates considered for this role should be able to:
- Operate independently with a fair degree of autonomous decision making.
- Build subject matter expertise across risk stripes and business functions.
- Influence multiple stakeholders within a function and/or region and partner effectively across the firm
Candidates considered for this role generally meet the following criteria:
- Minimum of 5-10 years relevant experience in banking and finance, with either a leading bank or other financial institution strongly preferred
- Good knowledge of the US Basel III capital rule
- Good knowledge of derivatives products and understanding of trading strategies
- Prior experience in wholesale lending and structured finance areas preferred
- Ability to develop comprehensive and balanced analyses of complex trade structures
- Exposure to quantitative model development or management preferred
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (both written and oral)
- Good project management skills and ability to navigate across organizations at senior levels
- Strong organizational, multitasking and prioritization skills
- Strong MS Office skills (Word, Excel, Power Point, Project and Visio)
- Bachelor's degree required
- Experience in working on large scale projects involving multiple stakeholders
- Experience in regulatory capital calculation and reporting infrastructures
J.P. Morgan is a global leader in financial services, providing strategic advice and products to the world’s most prominent corporations, governments, wealthy individuals and institutional investors. Our first-class business in a first-class way approach to serving clients drives everything we do. We strive to build trusted, long-term partnerships to help our clients achieve their business objectives.
We recognize that our people are our strength and the diverse talents they bring to our global workforce are directly linked to our success. We are an equal opportunity employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants’ and employees’ religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.
About the Team
Our professionals in our Corporate Functions cover a diverse range of areas from finance and risk to human resources and marketing. Our corporate teams are an essential part of our company, ensuring that we’re setting our businesses, clients, customers and employees up for success.
Global Finance & Business Management works to strategically manage capital, drive growth and efficiencies, maintain financial reporting and proactively manage risk. By providing information, analysis and recommendations to improve results and drive decisions, teams ensure the company can navigate all types of market conditions while protecting our fortress balance sheet. For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.