UKI Accounting Manager
- Newbury, England, UK
- Market-competitive pay and benefits
- 06 Feb 2023
- 06 Mar 2023
- JR - 089267
- Job role
- Accountant, Accounts payable/receivable, Audit, Compliance/risk, Financial planning & analysis, Tax
- Digital, Healthcare, Pharmaceutical / medical
- Contract type
- Full time
- Experience level
This is where you save and sustain lives
At Baxter, we are deeply connected by our mission. No matter your role at Baxter, your work makes a positive impact on people around the world. You'll feel a sense of purpose throughout the organization, as we know our work improves outcomes for millions of patients.
Baxter's products and therapies are found in almost every hospital worldwide, in clinics and in the home. For over 85 years, we have pioneered significant medical innovations that transform healthcare.
Together, we create a place where we are happy, successful and inspire each other. This is where you can do your best work.
Join us at the intersection of saving and sustaining lives—where your purpose accelerates our mission.
We are currently seeking a UKI Accounting Manager the role is to ensure accuracy and integrity of US GAAP and statutory financial reporting within the region, provide expertise in complex accounting matters and decisions, and build strong partnership with Shared Service Centre, local country finance, commercial and other functional organizations to support financial and accounting processes in compliance with US GAAP and statutory requirements and company’s policies and procedures.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Responsible for ensuring accuracy and integrity of US GAAP and statutory financial reporting for the countries in scope and provide expertise in complex accounting matters and decisions.
- Responsible for statutory tax compliance for the countries in scope and completing statutory tax filings.
- Responsible for ensuring all external legal and statutory reporting and filing obligations are met on behalf of the Directors. Examples such as Intrastat, VAT, Government mandated statistics, Income tax and other.
- Provide local support to country management.
- Maintain strong relationship with key stakeholders: local business, operations and decision support management. Provide Country sales and service management support as necessary.
- Responsible for ensuring the completion of all accounting transactions (Accruals, prepaid, Revenue deferments) in an efficient, cost-effective manner, and supports Account Receivable and Accounts Payables when necessary.
- Ensure the timely completion of all period closing requirements and the consistent application of all accounting & company policies
- Prepares country level balance sheet and cash flow reviews
- Ensure the timely completion of all local statutory reporting, audit, and tax requirements
- Provide JDE expertise; coordination of training to fulfill local needs
- Coordination of local efforts to achieve Sarbanes-Oxley compliance (SOX), including any required testing, training and process or control improvements required
- Is the contact person for authorities or other external parties, such as auditors, banks, etc.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- University graduate in finance/accounting
- At least 8 years of experience in accounting and finance; Must be familiar with U.S. GAAP
- Proven experience in a multinational environment and/or audit.
- International experience required; Experience with U.S. company strongly preferred
- The required person must have full or partial accounting qualification such as ACCA or CIMA.
QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS:
- Inquisitive nature
- Detailed knowledge of local GAAPs for the countries in scope
- Strong process and continuous improvement skills
- Supportive, positive attitude and approach to work
- Good communication skills, both verbal and written
- Able to work independently or as part of a team
- Good PC and software skills; Microsoft products a must; JD Edwards or similar ERP system strongly preferred
What are some of the benefits of working at Baxter?
- Competitive total compensation package
- Professional development opportunities
- High importance placed on work life balance
- Commitment to growing and developing an inclusive and diverse workforce