Associate - Tax, Tax Technology and Transformation, Asia Pacific Tax Centre (2023 Grads)
- Singapore, SGP
- Not disclosed
- 06 Feb 2023
- 06 Mar 2023
- Approved employers
- Approved employer
- Job role
- Tax, Trainee accountant
- Contract type
- Full time
- Experience level
- Entry level, Graduate scheme
At EY, you’ll have the chance to build a career as unique as you are, with the global scale, support, inclusive culture and technology to become the best version of you. And we’re counting on your unique voice and perspective to help EY become even better, too. Join us and build an exceptional experience for yourself, and a better working world for all.
The exceptional EY experience. It's yours to build.
The opportunity: your next adventure awaits
Our Tax Technology and Transformation (TTT) practice offers services to organisations in response to fast paced technology changes and business trends, including the growing data burden that many taxpayers face, driving efficiencies to create a cost-effective tax function and the need to make data an asset. The underlying objective of TTT is to support our clients develop leading edge people, processes and technology in order to navigate the digital age of tax transparency and compliance.
Our TTT practice is looking to hire Associates to join their growing team which is made up of highly skilled professionals with a broad range of technology and consulting competencies. TTT are a global leader in the development of emerging digital tax applications for our client’s day-to-day problems. This is an area that has seen plenty of recent growth and investment – and you will see that reflected in your career. The field of taxation is constantly changing as new laws, regulations and technologies are created, and this is your opportunity to be part of that development.
In your role as an Associate, you will have the opportunity to work on various client projects, from assisting in the production of leading practice automation and data analytics solutions, to implementing third-party tax applications for multinational tax departments.You will take ownership of assigned tasks and support delivery of them until completion, including documenting requirements, design, configuration, testing, and project management.
What we look for
- You have an agile, growth-oriented mindset. What you know matters. But the right mindset is just as important in determining success. We’re looking for people who are innovative, can work in an agile way and keep pace with a rapidly changing world.
- You are curious and purpose driven. We’re looking for people who see opportunities instead of challenges, who ask better questions to seek better answers that build a better working world.
- You are inclusive. We’re looking for people who seek out and embrace diverse perspectives, who value differences, and team inclusively to build safety and trust.
- Pursuing university degree related to Information Systems, Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Computer Programming, Accounting, Tax Technology or equivalent
- Strong interest in technology and its use in business processe
- Knowledge or experience in Robotics Process Automation (RPA) / Data Science and Data Analytics/design and development of databases (specifically SQL Server)
- Knowledge or experience in Data analytics and visualisation tools such as Tableau, Spotfire or Qlik
- Knowledge in Microsoft Power BI suite, including Power Pivot, Power Query, Power View, Power Map and Microsoft Office VBA development
- A desire to use new technologies to help change the way in which our clients operate their processes and manage their data
- A natural flair for problem solving and an entrepreneurial approach to work
- Excellent communication and business writing skills
- Strong organisational and time management skills, with exceptional client-serving consulting skills
- Be open to occasional travel around Asia Pacific regions
- Strong analytical, problem solving skills and attention to detail
What you can expect
- Candidates may expect a phone screening
- Shortlisted candidates may expect a written assessment prior to the interview
You are strongly encouraged to prioritize your job application, as applicants with more than one job entry under Tax will only be shortlisted for one Tax position. This position is only applicable to students who are in their final year of study. We regret that applicants who do not belong to this category will not be shortlisted for this recruitment exercise.
Please note that for your application to be considered, you are required to upload the following documents together with your online application:
- Detailed Resume with expected graduation period
- Copy of Highest / Latest Academic Certification and Transcripts
To learn more about our service offerings, visit What you can do here or subscribe to EY Global YouTube Channel. To learn more about careers in EYSG, please visit Careers at EY or like us on Facebook EY Careers Singapore.
EY | Building a better working world
EY exists to build a better working world, helping to create long-term value for clients, people and society and build trust in the capital markets.
Enabled by data and technology, diverse EY teams in over 150 countries provide trust through assurance and help clients grow, transform and operate.
Working across assurance, consulting, law, strategy, tax and transactions, EY teams ask better questions to find new answers for the complex issues facing our world today.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.