Manager, Corporate Audit - Manchester
- Highly competitive salary and flexible benefits
- 06 Feb 2023
- 06 Mar 2023
- Approved employers
- Approved employer
- Job role
- Accountant, Audit, Financial planning & analysis
- Contract type
- Full time
- Experience level
Manager, Corporate Audit - Manchester
Crowe is a leading national audit, tax, advisory and risk firm with global reach and local expertise. We are an independent member of Crowe Global, one of the top 10 accounting networks in the world, with access to more than 38,000 people in more than 145 countries and across 700+ offices globally.
We pride ourselves on looking after our people, whether you’re working in corporate tax, statutory audit or you’re a marketing or HR specialist, at Crowe we invest in our people to help them be the best they can be.
We understand that it is often the culture and values of a firm that are most important when looking for a new workplace, that’s why at Crowe our people-focused culture means we value new ideas and innovation, and welcome people who are committed to making a different by delivering excellent services to our people, clients and communities.
Purpose of the role:
We are looking for a motivated Corporate Audit Manager to strengthen our Corporate Audit team in our Manchester office. With an exciting pipeline of new business it has paved the way for rapid growth. Working with a diverse client base, you’ll play a crucial role in the objectives of the team with strong opportunities for progression.
As a Corporate Audit Manager in the Manchester office:
- To perform audits from planning, fieldwork and completion within agreed budget for the assignment, taking on responsibility for ownership and completion of each audit assignment.
- Acts as client relationship manager on a portfolio of clients and builds effective relationships with key contacts at clients.
- Manage on-site teams and assist in the supervision and development of more junior staff, providing training where appropriate and ensuring work is appropriately allocated according to the team members abilities and development complete job review forms for all junior staff on the same assignment.
- To research technical issues that arise and provide potential solutions for review partners / directors.
- To adhere to deadlines, including prompt notification to the partner where problems are likely to arise or as they arise on each assignment.
- Manage work in progress and billing on client assignments.
- Preparation and presentation of reports to senior management and Audit Committees/Boards.
- Undertake additional duties as reasonably required.
Technical skills, experience and knowledge of a Corporate Audit Manager:
- Qualified ACA, ACCA, ICAS or equivalent.
- Ensures adequate CPD is undertaken in relevant disciplines/client sectors.
- Strong technical knowledge of auditing and accounting standards.
- Able to provide practical, proactive business advice for clients, while referring more significant or challenging control issues to the partner.
- Experience in working with complex groups, reporting structures and liaising with component auditors is highly desirable.
Why choose Crowe?
Crowe is where talented people can realise their potential, are successful and enjoy what they do by making a positive difference to our clients, communities and each other.
Our vision is to be recognised as essential to the future success of our clients by helping them to answer tomorrow’s questions, and make smart decisions that have lasting value through the highest quality audit, tax, advisory and risk services.
We offer you an opportunity to continue your career and work for a firm that offers stability and knowledge. In addition you can work alongside experienced professionals who put the client at the heart of everything they do.
At Crowe, you will find the expertise, the resources and, above all, the commitment to help you build a satisfying and rewarding career. In return we can offer you continued career development, highly competitive salaries and flexible benefits. Plus an opportunity to work for a firm that truly values its people.
Crowe is committed to equal opportunity and diversity in recruitment and employment. We value the differences that a diverse workforce brings to our organisation and believe that diversity and inclusivity are key drivers of effectiveness and in providing our clients with a quality service.
Entry and progression within the firm is determined solely by the application of objective criteria, personal performance and merit.
We want to create the best environment for our staff to thrive. We recognise the importance of offering a flexible approach to our working environment and we would be happy to discuss with you further.
Closing Date: 19 January 2023
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.