Newly Qualified Graduates – Fund Accountant Role for You! Edinburgh
- State Street
- Edinburgh, Scotland
- Not disclosed
- 03 Feb 2023
- 16 Feb 2023
- Approved employers
- Approved employer
- Contract type
- Full time
- Experience level
- Entry level, Graduate scheme
Who we are looking for
As a Fund Accountant you will be responsible for NAV reporting for our clients. You will be accountable for preparing NAV Packs and other reporting of the highest quality and accuracy in a timely manner to meet the needs of our clients. We are looking for a committed candidate who will collaborate with other departments to find new solutions for complex business challenges, who is open for improvements and who can take advantage of opportunities. The successful candidate will need to take initiative, exercise independent thinking, maintain an excellent and interactive relationship with team members, global business partners and, most importantly, our clients.
What you will be responsible for
As Fund Accountant, Associate 1 you will
- Oversee Valuation for Life & Pension and Regulated Funds and ensure that all relevant checks to the funds’ NAV’s have been made. This will include checks against funds’ benchmarks and reasonability reports.
- Ensure successful delivery of daily prices by agreed deadlines.
- Perform and manage cash and stock accounting vs custody reconciliations
- Complete/Review other regular periodic deliverables to the client in line with SLA (eg Yields, KPIs)
- Deliver accurate work in accordance require deadlines/deliverables
- Ensure the line manager and others, as appropriate, are kept aware of all issues / problems / queries / work in progress that may impact upon the quality of service being given.
- Establish and maintain good working relationships with clients, third parties and colleagues, communicating effectively through formalised reporting and ad hoc liaison where appropriate
What we value
These skills will help you succeed in this role
- Analytical mindset and strong critical thinking
- Problem solving skills
- Confident & clear communicator withaudience
- Highly motivated with exceptional integrity
Education & Preferred Qualifications
- Accountancy or Business related degree (preferred)
- PC literacy and competency in use of spreadsheets and word processing
- Wide range of soft skills training, technical workshops, language classes and development programs
- Opportunities to volunteer your time to company-driven initiatives, employee networks or organizations of your choice
- Variety of well-being programs
About State Street
What we do. State Street is one of the largest custodian banks, asset managers and asset intelligence companies in the world. From technology to product innovation we’re making our mark on the financial services industry. For more than two centuries, we’ve been helping our clients safeguard and steward the investments of millions of people. We provide investment servicing, data & analytics, investment research & trading and investment management to institutional clients.
Work, Live and Grow. We make all efforts to create a great work environment. Our benefits packages are competitive and comprehensive. Details vary in locations, but you may expect generous medical care, insurance and savings plans among other perks. You’ll have access to flexible Work Program to help you match your needs. And our wealth of development programs and educational support will help you reach your full potential.
Inclusion, Diversity and Social Responsibility. We truly believe our employees’ diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspective are a powerful contributor to creating an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive and reach their maximum potential while adding value to both our organization and our clients. We warmly welcome the candidates of diverse origin, background, ability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and personality. Another fundamental value at State Street is active engagement with our communities around the world, both as a partner and a leader. You will have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, matching gift program and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you.
State Street is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.