Associate-Fund Accounting - CA Fresher (ISG Operations)
- Morgan Stanley
- Not disclosed
- 03 Feb 2023
- 14 Feb 2023
- Approved employers
- Approved employer
- Job role
- Compliance/risk, Financial analyst, Fund accountant
- Contract type
- Full time
- Experience level
- Qualified accountant
Division: Morgan Stanley Fund Services
Job Title: Accounting
Job Level: Associate
Morgan Stanley is a leading global financial services firm providing a wide range of investment banking, securities, investment management and wealth management services. The Firm's employees serve clients worldwide including corporations, governments and individuals from more than 1,200 offices in 43 countries.
As a market leader, the talent and passion of our people is critical to our success. Together, we share a common set of values rooted in integrity, excellence and strong team ethics. Morgan Stanley can provide a superior foundation for building a professional career - a place for people to learn, to achieve and grow. A philosophy that balances personal lifestyles, perspectives and needs is an important part of our culture
Morgan Stanley Fund Services (MSFS), a wholly owned subsidiary of Morgan Stanley, provides fund administration services to World’s leading hedge funds. MSFS has over 700 professionals with offices in New York, London, Hong Kong, Dublin, Mumbai, Bangalore and Glasgow.
Background on the Team
Will work very closely with Account Managers of Morgan Stanley Fund Services (MSFS) in ensuring proper NAV calculation of their hedge fund clients. They will also act on various requests made by the clients to update their portfolios on Morgan Stanley Portfolio Accounting (MSPA). MSPA is the accounting / reporting system of MSFS. The analyst will also interact with the Account Manager to review accounting and performance related issues.
- Provide Accounting solutions to Hedge Funds for independent valuation, investor transparency and regulatory compliance.
- Calculation of daily NAV.
- Review MSPA to custodian reconciliations. Identify and determine cause. Notify Account Manager of breaks. If break is due to an erroneous or missing transaction in MSPA then make necessary adjustments.
- Perform middle office functions including P&L analysis, daily cash projections, calculations of FX transfers required for funding, checking client’s contributions & redemptions etc.
- Review general ledger exceptions. Identify cause and make necessary adjustments.
- Verify performance by reviewing large P&L swings and analyzing income/expense journals for validity.
- Adjust activity as necessary for performance (MSPM) processing and reporting.
- Responsible for accruing daily or monthly non-security related accruals including management fees and financing accruals.
- Process non-automated transactions including OTC derivatives and their related cash movements.
- Perform daily and monthly securities pricing analysis.
- Validate and process corporate action data.
- Providing audit support and assistance to funds in the preparation on financial statements.
- Assistance with compliance functions.
Skills required (essential)
An Associate is likely to have the following characteristics:
- Good administrative and organizational skills with a particular focus on accuracy and attention to detail.
- An ability to work under pressure and an ability to cope with increased workloads at month-end.
- An ability to work as part of a virtual team that is spread across different time zones and geographies.
- An ability to use key financial systems and other IT tools.
Morgan Stanley is an equal opportunities employer. We work to provide a supportive and inclusive environment where all individuals can maximize their full potential. Our skilled and creative workforce is comprised of individuals drawn from a broad cross section of the global communities in which we operate and who reflect a variety of backgrounds, talents, perspectives and experiences. Our strong commitment to a culture of inclusion is evident through our constant focus on recruiting, developing and advancing individuals based on their skills and talents
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.