Associate/Senior Associate - US Tax (ISG Operations)
- Morgan Stanley
- Mumbai (MSA), India
- Not disclosed
- 03 Feb 2023
- 03 Mar 2023
- Approved employers
- Approved employer
- Job role
- Fund accountant, Tax
- Contract type
- Full time
- Experience level
- Qualified accountant
Morgan Stanley Morgan Stanley Fund Services
Job Function: Tax team – Associate/Senior Associate
Department: Morgan Stanley Fund Services
Morgan Stanley Fund Services (MSFS) provides fund administration services to the world’s leading hedge funds. MSFS has around 1300+ professional globally and of which, 700+ employees works out of India. Our offices are spread in New York, Dublin, London, Glasgow, Mumbai, Bangalore and Hong Kong.
MSFS is a wholly owned subsidiary of Morgan Stanley. The parent company, Morgan Stanley, has obtained Financial Holding Company status in the United States. Subsidiaries of Morgan Stanley are subject to the supervision and regulations of the Federal Reserve Bank. MSFS is an independent legal and business venture within Morgan Stanley. It provides services on a stand-alone basis, independently from other Morgan Stanley affiliates.
The services offered by MSFS include:
- Accounting support including financial reporting
- Investor Services
- Tax Services
- Middle Office support
- Corporate Secretary Services
- StratumSM, investor transparency reporting.
This position requires strong accounting, US Tax, computer, communication and industry skills.
Preparation of partnership tax allocations, tax estimates, and K-1 working papers for Fund Administration clients. Duties will include preparing workpapers and providing additional tax related information requested by clients. This position requires a facility and ease with technology with the ability to create requirements and test plans for new or enhanced tax technology, as well as granular tax knowledge in the hedge fund area.
- Prepare monthly tax reports.
- Prepare monthly fund level tax calculation reports.
- Prepare reconciliation of monthly master-feeder tax allocations.
- Prepare layering and aggregate tax allocations.
- Prepare data for special tax reports including section wash sales, constructive sales and section 1256 reporting.
- Prepare tax withholding reports.
- Prepare periodic tax estimate reports
- Prepare fund level tax allocation reports for preparation of tax estimates.
- Prepare book to tax reconciliation.
- Prepare annual K-1 working papers
- Assist in provision of reports and working papers to tax preparer.
- Assist in managing system roll outs and enhancements.
- Assist client conversion teams with new client set up.
- CS/MBA/Postgraduate in Finance
- Accountant with 3+ years of hedge fund / financial services tax experience.
- Strong computer skills. Comfortable working with technology and various internal financial applications.
- Knowledge of hedge fund tax accounting concepts including partnership tax accounting, tax allocations, management and incentive allocations.
- Experience with tax lot layering preferred.
- Experience with financial services taxation, including wash sales, PFICs, Section 1256 contracts, NPCs, Section 988, constructive sales and straddles.
- Experience with various hedge fund structures (master-feeder, mini-master, fund-of-funds).
- This position requires the ability to multi-task and balance competing client deliverables.
- Big 4 experience a plus.
- Private Equity, FOF and/or Real Estate tax experience a plus.
- Flexible approach to duties, shift timing and working hours.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.