Talent Development & Learning - Functional Trainer - Assistant Vice President
This position is for an individual contributor in a training department responsible for the Functional trainings under Bank Loans services and development of employees across several global offices as per the requirement. This person is responsible for delivery and monitoring the performance of the Functional onboarding program for all new hires to the company and for the delivery of advanced skills training across State Street globally. The role requires the person to be well versed in the financial services industry- Accounting, Finance & Loan Servicing. This position is designed to mitigate the risk of errors in fund administration operations (including accounting, transfer agency, trade processing, and financial reporting). Effectiveness as a trainer impacts the employees’ level of preparation for the job and the company’s level of protection against operational error and potential liability. The person will report directly to the Global Head of Facilitation. The person might also be highly accountable to the management team of the business line(s) that he or she supports; the business lines are the training team’s internal clients.
- The Functional Skills Trainer will be required to master and deliver the Functional onboarding and other New Hire curriculums.
- Design and deliver both traditional classroom training, hands on Functional and systems training, focused on Functional (job-specific) content for participants and facilitate virtual training sessions with other locations as needed.
- Sound knowledge of Accounting, Finance & Loan Servicing.
- Fundamentally strong on knowledge and understanding of Syndicated Loans held in other financial instruments. Operational SME in Loans is needed to get an understanding of business
- Good understanding of primary and second market operations of Syndicated Loans
- Thorough knowledge on trade processing, settlement, cash breaks, NAV impact and analysis
- Knowledge and exposure to working on various loan related applications like – WSO, MCH, Loan IQ & others
- Should have excellent communication & articulation skills - both oral and verbal.
- Good interpersonal skills and should be able to work in collaboration with other departments within organization.
- Should have hands on experience and exposure to word, excel, power point presentations. Knowledge of business intelligence tools like Power BI and Tableau will be an added advantage
- Support the team to carry out the training needs analysis process with the Skills Training Director
- Develop participant training materials for ongoing advanced Functional training and for system enhancements/implementations.
- Cross-train with other trainers and/or business unit staff to teach/learn training program material
- Liaise with subject-matter experts in the business lines who deliver advanced Functional training; to support the development of training materials, and evaluate materials prepared by instructors.
- Attend staff development workshops/seminars to enhance presentation skills, supervisory skills and industry knowledge.
- May be required to travel to other locations, if required.
- Flexible work arrangement available under certain conditions.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & EXPERIENCE REQUIRED -
- Solid understanding of the Financial Markets / Investment Management and Servicing industry is required, and intimate knowledge of State Street services, systems, processes and procedures is preferred.
- Support the development of new training and or evolve existing training offerings as well as delivering existing materials and add context/content/background to delivery of courses.
- Ability to teach Functional information to employees of all experience levels.
- Ability to work effectively with employees from other departments on training projects and various committees.
- Ability to work as part of a virtual training team spanning several locations/countries, sharing best practices.
- Knowledge of principles and methods for curriculum and training design, teaching and instruction for individuals and groups, and the measurement of training effects or experience as a Subject Matter expert in house trainer
- Bachelor’s degree with business, finance, accounting, or education major preferred.
- 12 + years’ experience in the Financial Services Industry (Bank Loans).
- Ability to develop business relationships, both within and outside of the organization.
- Excellent interpersonal, organizational and communication skills.
- Strong computer skills in Microsoft Office products.
- Communicate effectively at all levels within the organization, foster collaboration & team work.