Joint Venture Management (Performance And Analytics) - Vice President
- State Street.
- Hyderabad, India
- Not disclosed
- 03 Feb 2023
- 08 Feb 2023
- Job role
- Accountant, Compliance/risk, Financial planning & analysis, Fund accountant, Management accountant
- Contract type
- Full time
- Experience level
Who we are looking for:
State Street has established a JV- Delivery Management Function under global delivery, which is responsible for managing the process delivery by the JV’s including metrics driven management of day-to day operations, change management and continuous improvement. This role will manage the delivery across various processes for various segments in a manner that the end client experience is materially improved. While individual process and product delivery are designed by the global process and product owners, the day to day execution and change management determines the end client experience and hence this role is an important one from the end client experience perspective.
Why this role is important to us
The team you will be joining is a part of State Street Global Services (SSGS). SSGS gives asset owners and managers access to the essential financial tools they need to deliver effective investment solutions.
What you will be responsible for
- Responsible for the ongoing management and development of a team of professionals supporting the production and delivery of client reporting. As a leader within the Global Product Delivery – Performance & Analytics Management Team and Financial Reporting, he or she will partner with our other regional offices and our JV partner organization to ensure seamless servicing of our client’s needs, leveraging time zones and processing efficiencies. Evaluates and recommends process improvements, resulting in better service delivery and cost reduction to Bank.
What we value
These skills will help you succeed in this role
Lead Financial Reporting and Performance and Analytics function, manage client experience and operational delivery. The role is based in India and responsible for implementing strategy and managing delivery.
- Ensure timeliness and accuracy across business deliverables
- Act as command and control across Team to drive operational effectiveness, establishing a core competency for conversions across sectors and regions
- Working with the Management and Executive team to explore, create, direct, manage and achieve agreed business objectives, including driving revenue and profit growth
- Actively manage executive global stakeholders across Global HUBS, Global Delivery and Global Services
- Drive innovation, transformation and productivity, not only in India but globally across the delivery organization
- Develop and lead a large team, fostering high performance and creating a destination for top talent
- During the course of normal day to day operations, responsible for identifying any unusual or potentially suspicious transaction activity and must report and/or escalate in accordance with corporate policy and guidelines detailed in relevant operating procedures.
- Assess impacts of regulatory changes.
- Identify and implement consistent operational best practices.
- Coordinate the implementation of new funds, systems and processes as well as assists with client conversions and other client projects.
- Serve on committees and help define and implement new company initiatives.
Manage client experience and operational delivery:
- Establish high functioning teams of performance professionals and oversee all operational responsibilities
- Oversee the accurate and timely delivery of reporting and data
- Continuously improve operational processes and policies in support of the FR and P&A process
- Understand the business, align strategic plans with corporate initiatives and drive overall business strategy within the team
- Ensure Team has adequately staffed and support to achieve the departmental goals
- Understand large complex client needs / strategies and anticipate future client needs and deliver innovative solutions.
- Develop, track, analyze and take actions on business metrics and client KPIs and ensure aligned with goals
- Train others on the State Street methodology and re-enforce an inherent culture of accountability and ownership for implementation and execution of controls across all levels and functions within the group
- Build strong relationships across the organization and cultivate that culture across the group
- Acting in accordance with Risk Excellence and role modeling ethical behavior and decision-making as part of our Way Ahead foundation
- Lead, develop and coach team
- Led by example. Display a culture of individual ownership of tasks to embed a clear individual sense of accountability in performing the role
- Ensure that the highest level of the Code of Conduct is displayed in your behavior
- Provide appropriate management information as required to support business unit decision making
- Support the ‘Risk Excellence’ culture within the business
- Adhere to limits of delegation and escalation procedures required by your manager so that you comply with internal policies and external regulation
Education & Preferred Qualifications
Desired: Bachelor’s Degree in business, Finance, Accounting or related field required. 15 years+ experience, Financial services preferred. 7-10 years of supervisory experience required.
Preferred: CA/CIPM, CFA, FRM and/or Master Degree in Finance
This is a key position and requires senior leadership and advanced skills-
- Overall 15+ years or relevant experience, part of which must have been in a management or supervisory capacity
- Understanding of operational functions within custody and / or Fund Accounting. Ability to provide technical expertise to resolve problems
- Should have worked directly or have handled the clients and counterparties in a global context
- Should have led operations at a global level, across countries & regions
- Should have experience of end to end ownership of operations, with direct accountability on business, client and risk metrics (including losses)
- Demonstrated leadership beyond operations, working with Risk, Technology, Automation and Change groups to drive BAU and transformation
- Experience in global locations is desired
- Proven leadership skills as well as managing and developing a high performing operations team
- Proven track record of achieving/exceeding financial goals through expense discipline and headcount management, experience on investment decisions is desired
- Proven ability to generate innovation ideas, manage project pipeline and ultimately transform businesses
- Demonstrated ability to manage, coach and influence colleagues and virtual team members
- Ability to work within a collaborative environment to achieve results
- Should be open to work in flexible shift hours as required by the business
- Leadership skills to motivate staff in a high pressure, rapidly changing environment
- Demonstrated ability to rationalize problems and use judgment and innovation to define clear and concise solutions.
- A strong risk mitigation appetite and experience is critical.
- Project planning, management and documentation for new and steady-state operations.
- Career-minded individual and eagerness to commit to self-development and development of others.
About State Street
What we do. State Street is one of the largest custodian banks, asset managers and asset intelligence companies in the world. From technology to product innovation, we’re making our mark on the financial services industry. For more than two centuries, we’ve been helping our clients safeguard and steward the investments of millions of people. We provide investment servicing, data & analytics, investment research & trading and investment management to institutional clients.
Work, Live and Grow. We make all efforts to create a great work environment. Our benefits packages are competitive and comprehensive. Details vary by location, but you may expect generous medical care, insurance and savings plans, among other perks. You’ll have access to flexible Work Programs to help you match your needs. And our wealth of development programs and educational support will help you reach your full potential.
Inclusion, Diversity and Social Responsibility. We truly believe our employees’ diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspectives are a powerful contributor to creating an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive and reach their maximum potential while adding value to both our organization and our clients. We warmly welcome candidates of diverse origin, background, ability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and personality. Another fundamental value at State Street is active engagement with our communities around the world, both as a partner and a leader. You will have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, matching gift programs and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you.
State Street is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.