Money Market Accounting, Senior Associate
- State Street.
- Boston, Massachusetts
- Not disclosed
- 03 Feb 2023
- 21 Feb 2023
- Contract type
- Full time
- Experience level
- Qualified accountant
Who we are looking for
The main function of the role is: Work in conjunction with individuals on the team as well as other Shared Services/COEs, outsource partners, Client Operations, other business units and external clients as needed to ensure seamless processing according to the fund’s policies, to ensure NAV/yield accuracy and that all SLAs are met.
Why this role is important to us
The team you will be joining is a part of State Street Global Services (SSGS). SSGS gives asset owners and managers access to the essential financial tools they need to deliver effective investment solutions. From core custody, accounting, fund administration and shareholder recordkeeping, to complete operations solutions and servicing for alternative assets like OTC derivatives, private equity and real estate, SSGS’ tools help our clients make better investment choices and act on growth opportunities.
Join us if making your mark in the financial services industry from day one is a challenge you are up for.
What you will be responsible for
As a senior associate you will
- Process the day-to-day accounting and income activities accurately and timely.
- Research and resolve exceptions and issues
- Escalate unresolved issues to management as required
- Reconcile and resolve discrepancies with other Shared Service teams, external clients and Client Operations as needed
- Ensure all inquiries are resolved in a timely and accurate manner and communicates effectively with client when necessary
- Ensure appropriate records of daily and monthly activities are kept
- Coordinate effective and timely flow of critical information to all relevant parties and follows up on administrative details within the department
- Oversee the adherence to Standard Operating Procedures
- Maintain knowledge of current alternative procedures and processes
- Participate in projects as well as prepare and verify information for those various projects/special requests as directed
What we value
These skills will help you succeed in this role
- Demonstrated ability to meet deadlines and possess strong problem solving and resolution skills.
- Good understanding of financial services and investment products.
- Strong attention to detail and a focus on service.
- Strong PC skills, specifically Excel skills (Intermediate)
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to prioritize multiple responsibilities to meet internal and industry deadlines.
- Strong problem resolution skills
- Ability to work well in a fast paced, high volume atmosphere
Education & Preferred Qualifications
- Bachelor’s Degree in Commerce / Economics with a specialization in Business, Accounting, Finance or equivalent experience preferred
- Minimum of 2-4 years of related Custody and/or Fund Accounting experience.
- Knowledge of securities language and legal requirements.
- Good interpersonal and organizational skills.
- Solid understanding of operational functions within Custody and/or Fund Accounting. Ability to provide technical expertise to resolve daily problems.
- Demonstrated computer proficiency and working knowledge of various software applications.
About State Street
What we do. State Street is one of the largest custodian banks, asset managers and asset intelligence companies in the world. From technology to product innovation, we’re making our mark on the financial services industry. For more than two centuries, we’ve been helping our clients safeguard and steward the investments of millions of people. We provide investment servicing, data & analytics, investment research & trading and investment management to institutional clients.
Work, Live and Grow. We make all efforts to create a great work environment. Our benefits packages are competitive and comprehensive. Details vary by location, but you may expect generous medical care, insurance and savings plans, among other perks. You’ll have access to flexible Work Programs to help you match your needs. And our wealth of development programs and educational support will help you reach your full potential.
Inclusion, Diversity and Social Responsibility. We truly believe our employees’ diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspectives are a powerful contributor to creating an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive and reach their maximum potential while adding value to both our organization and our clients. We warmly welcome candidates of diverse origin, background, ability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and personality. Another fundamental value at State Street is active engagement with our communities around the world, both as a partner and a leader. You will have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, matching gift programs and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you.
State Street is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
The range quoted above applies to the role in the primary location specified. If the candidate would ultimately work outside of the primary location above, the applicable range could differ.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.