Global Product Delivery, Assistant Vice President
- State Street.
- Kansas City, Missouri
- Not disclosed
- 03 Feb 2023
- 03 Mar 2023
- Contract type
- Full time
- Experience level
Who we are looking for
- Position is in Global Product Delivery-Insurance Accounting, Kansas City
- At least 5 years of related Custody and/or Fund Accounting experience
- Knowledge of mutual funds and investment securities
- Operational Experience and Knowledge of PFI/PAM System and/or UVT
Why this role is important to us
The team you will be joining is a part of State Street Global Services (SSGS). SSGS gives asset owners and managers access to the essential financial tools they need to deliver effective investment solutions. From core custody, accounting, fund administration and shareholder recordkeeping, to complete operations solutions and servicing for alternative assets like OTC derivatives, private equity and real estate, SSGS’ tools help our clients make better investment choices and act on growth opportunities.
Join us if making your mark in the financial services industry from day one is a challenge you are up for.
What you will be responsible for
As a Global Product Delivery, Insurance Accounting AVP you will
- Account for the day-to-day management of an accounting team and manage daily service delivery and production activities performed by staff.
- Primary contact and key escalation point for operational issues, provide technical expertise to resolve daily problems.
- Manage and escalate issues related to CoE’s and other Shared Services
- Manage production activities of Associate IIand Senior Associate
- Coordinate the implementation of new funds, systems and processes. Assist with client conversions and other client projects.
- Identify and implement consistent operational best practices.
- Assist with compliance/fiduciary reviews and audits.
- Train, develop and motivate new staff,complete performance appraisals.
- Provide coaching and development opportunities to staff, participate in individual on-going training and development.
- Provide technical expertise to resolve daily problems.
- Other duties as assigned.
What we value
These skills will help you succeed in this role:
- Strong critical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Good interpersonal, organizational and management skills.
- Attention to detail.
- Ability to apply existing knowledge/experience to new clients.
- Ability to build relationships to work with cross functional teams/locations.
- Ability to provide technical expertise to resolve daily problems.
Education & Preferred Qualifications
- Business Degree with Management, Accounting or Finance
- +5 Years In Insurance Accounting with Mortgage Loan and/or Non-Managed Product experience preferred.
- Microsoft Office Tools, Excel
- PFI/PAM Experience is preferred.
About State Street
What we do. State Street is one of the largest custodian banks, asset managers and asset intelligence companies in the world. From technology to product innovation, we’re making our mark on the financial services industry. For more than two centuries, we’ve been helping our clients safeguard and steward the investments of millions of people. We provide investment servicing, data & analytics, investment research & trading and investment management to institutional clients.
Work, Live and Grow. We make all efforts to create a great work environment. Our benefits packages are competitive and comprehensive. Details vary by location, but you may expect generous medical care, insurance and savings plans, among other perks. You’ll have access to flexible Work Programs to help you match your needs. And our wealth of development programs and educational support will help you reach your full potential.
Inclusion, Diversity and Social Responsibility. We truly believe our employees’ diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspectives are a powerful contributor to creating an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive and reach their maximum potential while adding value to both our organization and our clients. We warmly welcome candidates of diverse origin, background, ability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and personality. Another fundamental value at State Street is active engagement with our communities around the world, both as a partner and a leader. You will have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, matching gift programs and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you.
State Street is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
The range quoted above applies to the role in the primary location specified. If the candidate would ultimately work outside of the primary location above, the applicable range could differ.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.