Client Service Operations, Officer
- State Street.
- Boston, Massachusetts
- Not disclosed
- 03 Feb 2023
- 03 Mar 2023
- Contract type
- Full time
- Experience level
- Qualified accountant
Who we are looking for:
Meet client deliverables timely and accurately. Proactively look for solutions to client problems to improve the process and reduce the cycles. Ensure teams have the proper resources, training, etc to meet deliverables. Account for the day-to-day management of team members and the maintenance of assigned activities, allocate and coordinate resources and handle personnel related issues while working on the NACC1 client.
What you will be responsible for:As Fund Accounting, Officer you will
- Assume responsibility for all Fund Accounting operational tasks.
- Operational expertise in ETF Accounting
- Including Fund Accounting and projected cash concepts
- Act as escalation point for technical issues encountered in the daily business.
- Ensure sufficiently trained staff is available to service the clients and deliver quality service.
- Assume responsibility for the implementation of client specific Fund Accounting projects (new business development review, planning & roll out).
- Coordinate project within your department but also across departments, seek for standardization and potential efficiencies.
- Continually review the Operating Environment & implement improvements where necessary.
- Where client initiatives involve the need to amend the current process, liaise with the appropriate Staff Members/Client Relationship Managers to ensure full understanding of current vs. future state and potential gaps/business impacts that may require project support.
- Assist as Subject Matter Expert during Clients’ visits or projects where technical knowledge of the process is required.
- Manage internal workflow and client deadlines
- Manage client relationships & liaising with client personnel on a daily basis
- Maintain good working relationship with all client contacts including investment professionals, investors, auditors lawyers, and banking personnel
- Overseeing the general ledger for various fund entities
- Work with internal teams both onshore and abroad
- Join us if making your mark in the financial services industry from day one is a challenge you are up for.
What we value:
These skills will help you succeed in this role
- Strong critical thinking, problem solving, and decision-making skills
- An ability to be a leader within their team, as well as be a leader amongst your peers
- Strong communication, interpersonal, and organizational skills, which includes excellent time management and prioritization skills
- Candidates must demonstrate initiative, be able to perform well under pressure, and simultaneously handle multiple assignments
- Excellent administrative and organizational with the proven ability to multi-task and to work efficiently to meet client deliverables
Education & Preferred Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance
- At least 5+ of Fund Accounting experience
About State Street
What we do. State Street is one of the largest custodian banks, asset managers and asset intelligence companies in the world. From technology to product innovation, we’re making our mark on the financial services industry. For more than two centuries, we’ve been helping our clients safeguard and steward the investments of millions of people. We provide investment servicing, data & analytics, investment research & trading and investment management to institutional clients.
Work, Live and Grow. We make all efforts to create a great work environment. Our benefits packages are competitive and comprehensive. Details vary by location, but you may expect generous medical care, insurance and savings plans, among other perks. You’ll have access to flexible Work Programs to help you match your needs. And our wealth of development programs and educational support will help you reach your full potential.
Inclusion, Diversity and Social Responsibility. We truly believe our employees’ diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspectives are a powerful contributor to creating an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive and reach their maximum potential while adding value to both our organization and our clients. We warmly welcome candidates of diverse origin, background, ability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and personality. Another fundamental value at State Street is active engagement with our communities around the world, both as a partner and a leader. You will have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, matching gift programs and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you.
State Street is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
- $65,000 - $102,500 Annual
The range quoted above applies to the role in the primary location specified. If the candidate would ultimately work outside of the primary location above, the applicable range could differ.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.