Treasury Services, Officer
- State Street.
- Kansas City, Missouri; Boston, Massachusetts
- Not disclosed
- 03 Feb 2023
- 03 Mar 2023
- Job role
- Accountant, Treasury
- Contract type
- Full time
- Experience level
- Qualified accountant
Who we are looking for
We are looking for an experienced professional that will lead a diverse staff to increase efficiency, reduce operational errors, and maintain strong client relationships on a set of accounts within the Treasury Services group in State Street’s Global Delivery division. The preferred candidate will have a Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience with a focus in Treasury Services work of 4-6 years of related experience including previous experience managing staff.
Why this role is important to us
The team you will be joining is a part of State Street Global Services (SSGS). SSGS gives asset owners and managers access to the essential financial tools they need to deliver effective investment solutions. From core custody, accounting, fund administration and shareholder recordkeeping, to complete operations solutions and servicing for alternative assets like OTC derivatives, private equity and real estate, SSGS’ tools help our clients make better investment choices and act on growth opportunities.
Join us if making your mark in the financial services industry from day one is a challenge you are up for.
What you will be responsible for
As Officer you will:
- Responsible for the direction and training of subordinate staff. Typically manages daily operations of a group with 2 to 5 employees
- Cultivates and maintains positive and effective relationships with clients and SSC coworkers
- Comprehend the scope of services offered to clients and reviews with the team; demonstrate technical expertise; ensure team meets all client deliverables and manages relationships of assigned clients
- Responsible for reviewing staff level work, as needed
- Assess operational effectiveness and make suggestions to streamline functions
- Ensure all controls/checklists and procedures are adhered to as well as make recommendations for improvement
- Develop targets concerning staffing and productivity, while maintaining greater efficiencies
- Participate in the resolution of client issues
- Escalate appropriately and timely to AVP client issues or concerns that may impact client service and satisfaction
- Responsible for managing the implementation of all standard practices, processes, tools, etc. and initiatives and technology enhancements
What we value
These skills will help you succeed in this role
- Demonstrated ability to meet deadlines and possess strong problem solving and resolution skills.
- Good understanding of financial services and investment products.
- Strong attention to detail and a focus on service.
- Strong PC skills, specifically Excel skills (Intermediate).
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to prioritize multiple responsibilities to meet internal and industry deadlines.
- Strong problem resolution skills.
- Ability to work well in a fast paced, high volume atmosphere.
- Desire and commitment to learn technical aspects of each deliverable.
- Ability to communicate with various internal teams to resolve inquiries and understanding when to escalate.
- Strong communication, interpersonal, organizational, and time management skills.
- Demonstrates an ability to be a leader within their team, as well as be a leader amongst your peers.
- Ability to interact with on-shore and off-shore teams to resolve inquiries and understanding when to escalate.
Education & Preferred Qualifications
- BS/BA in Business, Accounting, Finance or equivalent experience preferred
- 4-6 years related experience,
- Previous experience managing staff preferred
About State Street
What we do. State Street is one of the largest custodian banks, asset managers and asset intelligence companies in the world. From technology to product innovation, we’re making our mark on the financial services industry. For more than two centuries, we’ve been helping our clients safeguard and steward the investments of millions of people. We provide investment servicing, data & analytics, investment research & trading and investment management to institutional clients.
Work, Live and Grow. We make all efforts to create a great work environment. Our benefits packages are competitive and comprehensive. Details vary by location, but you may expect generous medical care, insurance and savings plans, among other perks. You’ll have access to flexible Work Programs to help you match your needs. And our wealth of development programs and educational support will help you reach your full potential.
Inclusion, Diversity and Social Responsibility. We truly believe our employees’ diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspectives are a powerful contributor to creating an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive and reach their maximum potential while adding value to both our organization and our clients. We warmly welcome candidates of diverse origin, background, ability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and personality. Another fundamental value at State Street is active engagement with our communities around the world, both as a partner and a leader. You will have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, matching gift programs and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you.
State Street is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
- $55,000 - $85,000 Annual
The range quoted above applies to the role in the primary location specified. If the candidate would ultimately work outside of the primary location above, the applicable range could differ.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.