- Shell Business Operations
- Krakow (City)
- Not disclosed
- 03 Feb 2023
- 13 Feb 2023
- Approved employers
- Approved employer
- Job role
- Accountant, Business analyst
- Digital, Energy/utilities
- Contract type
- Full time
- Experience level
- Qualified accountant
Where do you fit in?
The position offers a great opportunity for gaining deep insight into the Acquisition and Divestments (A&D) and New Business Development (NBD). In this role you will have a chance to further develop your financial skills while dealing with a wide network of stakeholders and seeing how you work influences business decision making process.
What is the role?
This role has been created to support finance processes for global A&D NBD organization. In this role you will interface with business stakeholders, your finance in the business colleagues, the wider UP/IGNE finance community. The primary role of Business Analyst will focus on timely creation of projects codes (WBS-es) and verification of costs allocated to to them, monitoring of timewriting and supporting Business Opportunity Managers in in queries related to project costs. More specifically the role will require to deliver:
- Cost Centre, Project codes (WBS) creation
Time Writing support:
- Review & follow up time on writing compliance, to deliver no/minimum missing time writing at the end of month.
- Ensure that costs allocated to projects are captured in the right place
- Cost reclasses/ billing instruction as needed/ month-end accruals
- Ensure right budget assigned to project
- Monitor spend vs Budget and timely react to overspend
- Manual Journal Entries preparation and posting
What we need from you?
- Finance professional
- Self-starter with ability to deliver quality results under significant time pressure and to tight deadlines whilst maintaining the required attention to detail;
- Strong communication skills, and ability to convert raw data into understandable key messages and insights for business stakeholders with a non-finance background;
- Strong interpersonal skill to quickly build credibility, respect and rapport;
- Excellent analytical skills, including an ability to quickly interpret, link and translate complex data quickly into concise insights, understandable to both finance and non-financial stakeholders;
- Working knowledge of SAP would be an asset
Please note: We occasionally amend or withdraw Shell jobs and reserve the right to do so at any time, including prior to the advertised closing date. Before applying, you are advised to read our data protection policy. This policy describes the processing that may be associated with your personal data and informs you that your personal data may be transferred to Shell/Shell Group companies around the world. The Shell Group and its approved recruitment consultants will never ask you for a fee to process or consider your application for a career with Shell. Anyone who demands such a fee is not an authorised Shell representative and you are strongly advised to refuse any such demand. Shell is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.