Associate Accountant, Financial Reporting (Entry Level)
- Northern Trust
- Chicago, Illinois, United States
- 03 Feb 2023
- 27 Feb 2023
- Contract type
- Full time
- Experience level
- Qualified accountant
About Northern Trust:
Northern Trust, a Fortune 500 company, is a globally recognized, award-winning financial institution that has been in continuous operation since 1889.
Northern Trust is proud to provide innovative financial services and guidance to the world’s most successful individuals, families and institutions by remaining true to our enduring principles of service, expertise and integrity. With more than 130 years of financial experience and over 22,000 partners, we serve the world’s most sophisticated clients using leading technology and exceptional service.
Global Fund Services:
Global Fund Services (GFS) is a full-service provider of fund solutions to investment manager and fund company clients around the world. North America GFS Operations provides Fund Accounting and Administration, Custody Servicing, Investment Outsourcing Operations, Transfer Agency, and Investor Servicing. Our expert team of 900 partners across North America are solutions-oriented, innovative, and passionate about servicing clients and helping them execute their business strategies. We commit ourselves to ensuring our partners reach their full potential.
The Financial Reporting group provides internal and external clients with assistance related to the annual audits and/or interim regulatory SEC filings across a diverse set of registered mutual funds and non-registered funds, including, but not limited to, common and collective trust funds, partnerships, and hedge funds that invest in a wide array of investment strategies and asset classes. The group has an open associate accountant position that will report directly to the team leader of the team.
The associate accountant will be responsible for the preparation of financial statements as well as the preparation and review of schedules of investments (SOIs), while also ensuring deliverables are met in a timely and efficient manner. The associate accountant will also assist in resolving auditor open items and incorporating comments to the financial statements. The associate accountant will be expected to provide feedback related to increasing productivity and efficiency within the financial statement and SOI preparations.
- Preparation of financial statements and preparation and review of SOIs – ensuring quality of work by communicated deadline
- Review of cash and holding reconciliations and posting necessary adjusting journal entries to Funds as well as the understanding of the reconciliation issues and how to resolve them
- Assisting in the research to resolve auditor open items and incorporating comments to the financial statements
- Contributing ideas related to building efficiencies within the financial statement and SOI preparation process
- Effectively managing and prioritizing time in order meet client and auditor deliverables
- Detail oriented with excellent organizational and prioritization skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Great personality and a team player
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced work environment and easily able to adapt to change
- Strong performer with high standards of integrity & work ethic
- Familiarity with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP)
- Understanding of various investment products
- Ambitious and having a desire to pursue a career in asset management
- Prior knowledge and understanding of journal entries
- Degree in Accounting
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel and Word
Working with Us:
As a Northern Trust partner, greater achievements await. You will be part of a flexible and collaborative work culture in an organization where financial strength and stability is an asset that emboldens us to explore new ideas. Movement within the organization is encouraged, senior leaders are accessible, and you can take pride in working for a company committed to assisting the communities we serve! Join a workplace with a greater purpose.
We’d love to learn more about how your interests and experience could be a fit with one of the world’s most admired and sustainable companies! Build your career with us.
Northern Trust is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please email our HR Service Center at MyHRHelp@ntrs.com.
We hope you’re excited about the role and the opportunity to work with us.
We value an inclusive workplace and understand flexibility means different things to different people.
Talk to us about your flexible working requirements and together we can achieve greater.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.