Associate, Senior Associate - Commodities Trading Risk Management(Fixed Income Division)
- Morgan Stanley
- Mumbai (MSA), Maharashtra, India
- Not disclosed
- 02 Feb 2023
- 02 Mar 2023
- Approved employers
- Approved employer
- Contract type
- Full time
From global institutions to hedge funds, investors come to Morgan Stanley for sales, trading, and market-making services in almost every type of financial instrument in all the world’s financial markets. Morgan Stanley professionals use our network and technology to provide liquidity and sophisticated analysis, to manage risk and execute reliably in the fast-changing markets.
The Fixed Income Division (FID) is comprised of Interest Rate and Currency Products, Credit Products and Distribution. Professionals in the Division assess and actively manage risk, trade securities, and structure as well as execute innovative transactions in the fast-paced and constantly changing global markets. The Commodities Division is a market leader across a broad range of commodities markets, with expertise in areas including client risk management, financing solutions and investor products Sales & Trading
Global Markets Group is the offshoring arm of Morgan Stanley’s Sales & Trading businesses in India. It covers functions across FID and Institutional Equities Division (IED) ranging from those associated with sales, trading, analytics, strats to risk management.
The role is based out of Mumbai and required working with the Trading Risk Management team in London and New York within the Commodities Division. The role will require a fast-learning, dynamic, pro-active, logical thinker and self-motivated individual to assist in tracking and reporting market risk metrics across different product classes.
The role involves working on:
- Risk Reporting: Generate and improve existing daily, weekly and monthly reports for different desks.
- Limit Tracking: Streamline reports and processes to track risk limits and usage on a daily basis
- Analysis: carrying out statistical analysis on different types of data sets to facilitate PnL, risk and scenario analysis
- Transaction Reviews: Review potential large transaction to identify risk, limits, VaR and capital implications.
- Investigating Data Quality Issues: Help with investigating incorrect risk feeds or other system issues that cause incorrect risk to be reported
- Data packs and presentations: Helping to put data packs and presentations together for analyzing trader PnL/risk and for justifying limit increase requests
- We are looking for a pro-active person who has a high attention to detail, is a quick learner and has a natural curiosity to understand about financial markets and products
- Excellent written & spoken English; Excellent business writing skills
- Excellent telephone skills (regular phone contact with team required)
- Minimum 1-2 years’ experience in a finance related role (beneficial if from a Analytical/Risk/Product Control background)
- Programming (python, VBA) and database skills (SQL) a plus but not required
- Hands‑on experience with Microsoft Office - Word, Excel (Pivot tables, VBA), PowerPoint, Outlook.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Attention to detail
- Pro-active and be willing to learn in house systems
- Ability to grasp and quickly come up the curve on fixed income markets and products
- Flexible around working in London business hours
Morgan Stanley is an equal opportunities employer. We work to provide a supportive and inclusive environment where all individuals can maximize their full potential. Our skilled and creative workforce is comprised of individuals drawn from a broad cross section of the global communities in which we operate and who reflect a variety of backgrounds, talents, perspectives and experiences. Our strong commitment to a culture of inclusion is evident through our constant focus on recruiting, developing and advancing individuals based on their skills and talents.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.