- Michael Page
- Greater Manchester, Manchester
- 02 Feb 2023
- 09 Feb 2023
- JN -022023-5925547
- Laura Brown
- Job role
- Financial controller
- Not for profit / charity
- Contract type
- Full time
- Experience level
- Qualified accountant
The Financial Controller will be part of the team that holds the organisation together, providing a first class service and advice to stakeholders across the wider business which will enable the organisation to achieve their strategic aims and continue to deliver their vision.
British Cycling is the national governing body for the sport of cycling in Britain. Their purpose is to lead the sport and inspire communities, building on the elite success of the Great Britain Cycling Team, growing eight cycling disciplines - from track and cyclo-cross racing to BMX freestyle park - and enabling more people to discover the joys of our brilliant sport. They have 145,000 members, over 2,000 affiliated clubs, teams and groups, and 12,500 volunteers are at the heart of what they do. In partnership with Welsh Cycling and Scottish Cycling, they govern and develop the sport from the grassroots to international competition.
In order to continue to deliver and grow the incredible work they do within England, British Cycling looks to continue to inspire the next generation and encourage as many people as possible to live an active lifestyle through safe and accessible cycling. None of this would be possible without the crucial office functions that all organisations need. As part of the Business Services Department, the Financial Controller will be part of the team that holds the organisation together, providing a first class service and advice to stakeholders across the wider business which will enable the organisation to achieve their strategic aims and continue to deliver their vision.
Reporting into the Finance Director, duties as Financial Controller will include:
- To support the Finance Director with the development and implementation of the financial plans which are focused on delivering the strategic objectives of British Cycling.
- Developing financial reporting processes to provide the Executive Leadership Team with information required to monitor financial targets set within the organisations strategy
- Be responsible for annual financial budgets, ensuring that they are allocated effectively for the delivery of intended outcomes in a manner which demonstrates value for money
- Lead and manage the performance of the team, creating an environment where people are clear of what is expected of them and have the performance feedback and support that they need to continuously improve.
- Co-ordinate and be responsible for the production timely and accurate quarterly management accounts and reports, including an analysis of key matters.
- Manage relationship with external auditors to facilitate a smooth year end audit process
You will be a Qualified CIMA/ ACCA/ ACA/CCAB/CIPFA candidate with a proven track within a similar sized organisation. The Financial Controller will be an individual who is looking to excel in an inspiring environment and work closely with all areas of the organisation to facilitate long term sustainability and growth. You will have strong communication skills with the ability to interpret and communicate complex information at a senior level and influence key business decision making through persuasive skills. Other skills that are required to be successful in this role are:
- Comprehensive VAT knowledge, including partial exemption
- Experience of membership organisations or sport's governing bodies.
- Knowledge of government funding.
- Computer literate, excellent Excel Skills and analytical skills.
- Competitive Salary
- Annual leave (25 days + bank holidays)
- Holiday purchase scheme
- Life Assurance
- Defined pension contribution
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Hybrid working model - approx. 2-3 days on site per week
- 37.5 hours per week
- Excellent working environment- relaxed and impressive offices in Manchester