Corporate Accounting, Assistant Vice President
- State Street.
- Boston, Massachusetts
- Not disclosed
- 02 Feb 2023
- 02 Mar 2023
- Job role
- Accountant, Audit, Compliance/risk, Financial analyst, Internal audit
- Contract type
- Full time
- Experience level
With over $35 trillion in assets under custody and administration, and over $3 trillion in assets under management as of September 30, 2022, State Street is a leading financial services provider serving some of the world’s most sophisticated institutions. As a “Systemically Important Financial Institution” and a “Global Systemically Important Bank” as designated by the Financial Stability Board and the Basel Committee on Banking Supervision, State Street plays a key role in the global financial market infrastructure, and provides an exciting environment for career advancement.
Who we are looking for
The Corporate Accounting role at State Street is an exciting, challenging, and highly visible role supporting the Controllers Organization.
This role can be performed in a hybrid model, where you can balance work from home and office to match your needs and role requirements.
What you will be responsible for
The successful candidate must be a detail-oriented and decisive individual with good analytical and research skills. Must be proficient in working with spreadsheets and databases and work autonomously. Must be capable of developing good working relationships with a wide variety of “customers” across the company. The following details specific responsibilities for the role:
Legal entity accounting:
- Prepare various month end statements: cash flow statement, equity roll-forward, variance analysis
- Prepare Board package
- Review, analyze, and process accounting transactions, while adhering to GAAP accounting, and communicating issues to manager
- Develop strong relationships with various groups throughout the organization
- Ensure that regulatory, management and oversight of SOX reporting is completed accurately and timely. Comply with all controls including attestations, documentation and validation requirements
- Preparation of Goodwill schedule
- Interaction with internal and external audit
Education & Preferred Qualifications
- Bachelor degree in finance, accounting or a related discipline
- Minimum 5 years accounting related work experience
- High level of integrity and trustworthiness handling sensitive information
- Possession of good analytical and research skills
- Proficient in working with spreadsheets and databases (Oracle, Hyperion Essbase)
- Experience leading teams and building strong relationships in a dynamic environment
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment and manage multiple deliverables and projects concurrently
- Ability to influence without authority, including more senior executives
- Attention to detail and strong risk and control oriented mindset
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
About State Street
What we do. State Street is one of the largest custodian banks, asset managers and asset intelligence companies in the world. From technology to product innovation, we’re making our mark on the financial services industry. For more than two centuries, we’ve been helping our clients safeguard and steward the investments of millions of people. We provide investment servicing, data & analytics, investment research & trading and investment management to institutional clients.
Work, Live and Grow. We make all efforts to create a great work environment. Our benefits packages are competitive and comprehensive. Details vary by location, but you may expect generous medical care, insurance and savings plans, among other perks. You’ll have access to flexible Work Programs to help you match your needs. And our wealth of development programs and educational support will help you reach your full potential.
Inclusion, Diversity and Social Responsibility. We truly believe our employees’ diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspectives are a powerful contributor to creating an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive and reach their maximum potential while adding value to both our organization and our clients. We warmly welcome candidates of diverse origin, background, ability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and personality. Another fundamental value at State Street is active engagement with our communities around the world, both as a partner and a leader. You will have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, matching gift programs and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you.
State Street is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Salary Range:$80,000 - $132,500 Annual
The range quoted above applies to the role in the primary location specified. If the candidate would ultimately work outside of the primary location above, the applicable range could differ.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.