Finance Manager - Business Reporting
- Sydney - CBD Area
- Not disclosed
- 02 Feb 2023
- 13 Feb 2023
- Approved employers
- Approved employer
- Contract type
- Full time
- Experience level
"At CommBank we are proud to support flexibility, let's discuss what this means for you"
See yourself in our team
Institutional Banking and Markets (IB&M) is responsible for managing the Group’s relationships with major corporate and government clients and institutional investors, and provides a full range of capital raising, transactional and risk management products and services. The division also performs an important internal role for the Group by providing markets, lending and transaction banking execution capabilities to other CBA business units that allows them to capture opportunities with business customers.
IB&M Finance supports the business in providing financial control, financial analysis and insight, product control, regulatory accounting and related project and strategy implementation support.
The IB&M Finance Business Reporting Team is responsible for managing all client and product reporting for the IB&M business.
The IB&M Product Reporting team sits within the IB&M Finance Business Reporting team. The team provides daily aggregated P&L reporting, month end management information, budgeting and forecasting, as well as ad hoc analysis.
Reporting to the Senior Manager IB&M Business Reporting, this role is responsible for the production and control of all actual and budget/forecast data used for our management and capital reporting, as well as a detailed understanding of its drivers and data lineage.
Do work that matters
- Consolidation of monthly revenue and expense information for the IB&M businesses
- Assist with month end processes and submission of the flash to IB&M Finance Centre
- Provide in-depth analysis of various expense items
- Provide timely responses to ad-hoc business and IB&M Finance queries
- Providing a strong control focus including DQ reconciliations
- Develop a strong understanding of IB&M businesses
- Completing the budgeting and forecasting process, including liaising with offshore counterparts and IB&M Centre Finance staff
- Key involvement in automation work to streamline data collation and control processes
- Project work to understand, enhance and deliver reporting infrastructure improvements to enable product reporting teams to understand and deliver accurate information to businesses.
- Document processes in standard ways through the use of process mapping tools and techniques and the development of standard operating processes.
- Determine innovation opportunities to further align and streamline operational processes.
- Identify and recommend strategies and solutions to enhance processes to drive continuous improvement.
We’re interested in hearing from people who have
- CA / CPA qualification
- Business related degree (commerce, economics, business, finance, accounting)
- Knowledge of the Institutional or Investment Banking industry
- Demonstrated experience in accounting and financial management (e.g. budgeting, forecasting, performance reporting and analysis)
- Well-developed numeracy and analytical skills: identifying key issues, trends and themes
- Advanced Excel skills
- Strong GL systems and reporting skills
- SQL knowledge highly desirable
- Experience with Tableau and Alteryx will be highly regarded
- Excellent communication skills leading to openness, honesty & transparency at all times
- Understands business drivers to provide genuine business valued output and analysis
- Actively builds relationships within and across business streams, functional areas and regions
- Good commercial acumen and strong attention to detail
- Risk Mindset – All CommBank employees are expected to proactively identify and understand, openly discuss and act on current and future risks.
If you're already part of the Commonwealth Bank Group (including Bankwest), you'll need to apply through Sidekick to submit a valid application. We’re keen to support you with the next step in your career.
We're aware of some accessibility issues on this site, particularly for screen reader users. We want to make finding your dream job as easy as possible, so if you require additional support please contact HR Direct on 1800 989 696.
Advertising End Date: 11/02/2023
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.