- Al-Futtaim Group
- Dubai, AE
- Competitive salary + benefits
- 02 Feb 2023
- 20 Feb 2023
- Approved employers
- Approved employer
- Digital, Retail and FMCG, Transport/logistics
- Contract type
- Full time
- Experience level
- Qualified accountant
Established in the 1930s as a trading business, Al-Futtaim Group today is one of the most diversified and progressive, privately held regional businesses headquartered in Dubai, United Arab Emirates. Structured into five operating divisions; automotive, financial services, real estate, retail and healthcare; employing more than 35,000 employees across more than 20 countries in the Middle East, Asia and Africa, Al-Futtaim Group partners with over 200 of the world's most admired and innovative brands. Al-Futtaim Group’s entrepreneurship and relentless customer focus enables the organization to continue to grow and expand; responding to the changing needs of our customers within the societies in which we operate.
By upholding our values of respect, excellence, collaboration and integrity; Al-Futtaim Group continues to enrich the lives and aspirations of our customers each and every day
Overview of the role:
To manage and control various financial and accounting systems and procedures of the company in accordance with the internationally accepted standard, and monitor its internal control to ensure financial stability and maintain complete transparency and accuracy in the system.
What you will do:
- To provide financial support to internal customers: Retail business team, HR and FM, in relation to Business Review, financial reporting, budgeting and forecasting through effective communication in order to meet the business needs
- Responsible for complete accounting cycle for assigned Retail companies. (Revenue, Expense, Closing & Reporting).
- Ensure the activation of leasing contracts after review and perform posting run for all leasing contracts in a timely manner
- Verification of LPO’s, coding and posting of approved expenses in respective GL Accounts, cost centres and ensure approval per DOA for Opex & Capex
- Ensure payments are released per agreed payment terms and all supporting documents are in compliance with Company Policies & Procedures and ensure approval per DOA
- Preparation and review of annual budget, quarterly forecast, 5 year Plan and KPIs thereof
- Liaise with consolidation team and provide the cash flow inputs for weekly and monthly forecasts
Senior Accountant – Business Decision Support – Malls Group shall ensure that the Accounting Policies of Al Futtaim are upheld and that all reporting is in accordance with International Financial Reporting Standards
Required Skills to be successful:
- Well-versed in IAS / IFRS.
Behavioural Competencies :
- Ability to manage time appropriately, communicate effectively with team members and business
What equips you for the role:
Minimum Qualifications and Knowledge:
- Graduate degree in commerce / accounting / finance with knowledge of Financial Management and Accounting Systems is necessary.
- Advanced knowledge of ERP Financial Software is necessary; SAP and Yardi expertise will be preferred.
- 3-5 years of relevant experience working in diverse teams; retail leasing environment experience will be preferred.
About Al-Futtaim Group Real Estate
The real estate development and operations arm of Al-Futtaim, Al-Futtaim Group Real Estate is responsible for a multi-billion-dollar portfolio across MENA. With high-quality residential, business, retail, tourism, educational and healthcare developments, the master developer caters to the diverse needs of cities and communities in the region. From origination, conception, development, sales, procurement and construction of mega-projects and the leasing, operation and management of these projects after completion, Al-Futtaim Group Real Estate (AFGRE) has been developing and managing owned landbanks, unlocking the economic potential of the region and contributing to future development for more than 40 years.
Our focus is to enable and invest in meaningful relationships to make our properties the best places to live and work, build additional products and services and enable partnerships to create true value to our customers throughout their entire experience with us.
AFGRE is responsible for master planning of all projects in its portfolio, including two large scale mixed use destinations: Dubai Festival City and Cairo Festival City.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.