Senior Accountant - O2C | Finance Shared Service Center | Corporate Services
- Al-Futtaim Group
- Dubai, AE
- Competitive salary + benefits
- 02 Feb 2023
- 16 Feb 2023
- Approved employers
- Approved employer
- Job role
- Accountant, Accounts payable/receivable, Audit, Compliance/risk, Financial planning & analysis
- Digital, Retail and FMCG, Transport/logistics
- Contract type
- Full time
- Experience level
- Qualified accountant
Established in the 1930s as a trading business, Al-Futtaim Group today is one of the most diversified and progressive, privately held regional businesses headquartered in Dubai, United A”rab Emirates. Structured into five operating divisions; automotive, financial services, real estate, retail and healthcare; employing more than 35,000 employees across more than 20 countries in the Middle East, Asia and Africa, Al-Futtaim Group partners with over 200 of the world's most admired and innovative brands. Al-Futtaim Group’s entrepreneurship and relentless customer focus enables the organisation to continue to grow and expand; responding to the changing needs of our customers within the societies in which we operate.
By upholding our values of respect, excellence, collaboration and integrity; Al-Futtaim Group continues to enrich the lives and aspirations of our customers each and every day.
We are currently seeking an experienced finance professional to join our Finance Shared Service Center team in the capacity of Senior Accountant – O2C.
Overview of the role
As an (O2C) Senior Accountant in Group Finance Shares Service Centre (FSSC), he/she will focus on supporting the day-to-day activities of the O2C function whilst complying with organization’s policies and procedures and ensuring necessary checks and balances to mitigate risks through his team members:
This position will be responsible for the following.
- Ensure strong control and governance to the activities involved in Order to Cash process in compliance with company policies and procedures
- Drive further development and enhancement of the current process
- Ensuring daily/weekly/monthly partnering support to business operations are completed by O2C accountants
- Review GL Reconciliations
- Ensure risks/exceptions / interface fallouts highlighted by accountants are resolved on a timely manner by performing review, reconciliation, escalations, and substantiation of O2C accounts and reports.
- Review Accounts Receivables and overdues position shared with business to facilitate their follow-up and collection activities
- Review customer accounts reconciliation carried out by accountants
- Review provision working for various risks including doubtful debts as per Policy
- Review and approve various accounting entries made by accountants
- Review and comply with the department check list for month end and year end book closing
- Identify standardization and automation initiates and drive as a project for cost saving
- Ensure Support with resolution of audit requests (internal and external) within the submission timelines
- Review GL Schedules from the Balance Sheet Substantiation perspective as per the group initiative
- Support management with ad-hoc reporting requirements
- Liaise with IT Team, System, Process & Compliance Team, Divisional Controlling Team, and various Business Units to resolve issues, escalations, projects, and other initiatives
- Conduct review meeting with BUFCs
- To play an active role in transition and integration
- Review customer master data created by O2C accountants
- Review customer KYC documents updated by O2C accountants
What you will do
- Timely O2C partnering support to Business in day-to-day operations
- Review GL Reconciliations
- Daily collection control account monitoring and exception management
- Perform monthly / periodic reconciliation and substantiation of O2C accounts and highlight exceptions and related risks to the Business
- Preparation and circulation of periodic O2C exception reports & dashboards to stakeholders
- Perform assigned month end book closing tasks within O2C
- Computation of Provision for doubtful debts in accordance with Policy
- Identify and support process standardization and improvement initiatives to improve efficiency and quality of reporting for FSSC O2C processes
- Any other O2C activities assigned from time to time
- Actively participate in Transition activities
Required skills to be successful
- Good accounting knowledge (IFRS knowledge is preferred)
- Analytical as well as Process oriented
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Prior working knowledge in ERP systems (ex: SAP)
- Knowledge of Excel, Power Point and other Microsoft office tools
- Detail-oriented and organized
What equips you for the role
- Finance Graduate or Semi-qualified or Qualified or equivalent qualifications
- At least 2 to 5 years relevant experience within a large organization in a supervisory level, with a good knowledge of ERP systems.
We’re here to provide excellent service but a little help from you can ensure a five-star candidate experience from start to finish.
Before you click “apply”: Please read the job description carefully to ensure you can confidently demonstrate why this opportunity is right for you and take the time to put together a well-crafted and personalised CV to further boost your visibility. Our global Talent Acquisition team members are all assigned to specific businesses to ensure that we make the best matches between talent and opportunities. We not only consider the requisite compatibility of skills and behaviours, but also how candidates align with our Values of Respect, Integrity, Collaboration, and Excellence.
As part of our candidate experience promise, we also want to make ourselves available to you throughout the application process. We make every effort to review and respond to every application.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.