Manager, Fund Accounting
- Northern Trust
- Manila, National Capital Region, Philippines
- 02 Feb 2023
- 02 Mar 2023
- Job role
- Financial analyst, Fund accountant
- Contract type
- Full time
- Experience level
About Northern Trust:
Northern Trust, a Fortune 500 company, is a globally recognized, award-winning financial institution that has been in continuous operation since 1889.
Northern Trust is proud to provide innovative financial services and guidance to the world’s most successful individuals, families and institutions by remaining true to our enduring principles of service, expertise and integrity. With more than 130 years of financial experience and over 22,000 partners, we serve the world’s most sophisticated clients using leading technology and exceptional service.
Responsible for managing the Fund Accounting for the Client Accounting group(s). Conducts performance management and career development processes, and staffing and disciplinary actions. Acts as a subject area expert and directs activities of staff. Develops and maintains specific subject expertise and advises businesses management, and relevant third parties. Provides advice to internal clients on the implications of business trends, issues, operating environment changes and firm or business unit strategy. Responsible for interacting with various business areas to determine automation needs and provide ongoing systems support.
The key responsibilities of the role include:
- Conducts performance management and career development processes, provides input for staffing and disciplinary actions and provides hands-on training to staff
- Develops periodic goals, organizes the work, sets short-term priorities, monitors all activities, and ensures timely and accurate completion of the work
- Provides input and support to budget management process
- Maintains risk management and compliance programs and activities for their assigned group
- Operates independently; has in-depth knowledge of business unit / function
- As subject area expert, provides comprehensive, in-depth consulting and leadership to team and partners at a high technical level
- Carries out activities that are large in scope, cross-functional and technically difficult
- Role is balanced between high level operational execution and development, and execution of strategic direction of business function activities
- Conducts preliminary analysis
- Responsible for direct interaction with different committees and/or management
- Strategic in developing, implementing and administering programs within functional areas
- A College or University degree and/or relevant proven work experience is required.
- Leadership and organizational skills are required to develop periodic goals and to manage and motivate team members towards the goals set.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills are required
- In-depth Functional / Industry Knowledge is required
- Analytical and problem solving skills are required
Working with Us:
As a Northern Trust partner, greater achievements await. You will be part of a flexible and collaborative work culture in an organization where financial strength and stability is an asset that emboldens us to explore new ideas. Movement within the organization is encouraged, senior leaders are accessible, and you can take pride in working for a company committed to assisting the communities we serve! Join a workplace with a greater purpose.
We’d love to learn more about how your interests and experience could be a fit with one of the world’s most admired and sustainable companies! Build your career with us and apply today.
Northern Trust is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please email our HR Service Center at MyHRHelp@ntrs.com.
- We hope you’re excited about the role and the opportunity to work with us.
- We value an inclusive workplace and understand flexibility means different things to different people.
Apply today and talk to us about your flexible working requirements and together we can achieve greater.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.