EY Ford Rhodes - Manager - Indirect Tax (IDT)
- Karachi, PK
- Competitive remuneration package
- 02 Feb 2023
- 02 Mar 2023
- Approved employers
- Approved employer
- Contract type
- Full time
- Experience level
At EY, you’ll have the chance to build a career as unique as you are, with the global scale, support, inclusive culture and technology to become the best version of you. And we’re counting on your unique voice and perspective to help EY become even better, too. Join us and build an exceptional experience for yourself, and a better working world for all.
As a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services, we hire and develop the most passionate people in their field to help build a better working world. This starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities and creative freedom to make things better. This is what makes us different, and renders working here a unique, lifetime experience.
EY Ford Rhodes Chartered Accountants is a member firm of Ernst & Young Global Limited (EYGL) providing Assurance, Tax, Consulting and Strategy & Transaction Advisory services to our clients, both global and local, operating out of or seeking advice on doing business in Pakistan. With its Principal Office in Karachi and branches in Lahore and Islamabad, EY Ford Rhodes has been operating in Pakistan since 1948.
We provide assistance in identifying risk areas and sustainable planning opportunities for indirect taxes throughout the tax life cycle, helping clients meet compliance obligations and business goals around the world.
As a Manager - Indirect Tax at EY Ford Rhodes, you will help leading organizations to identify risk areas and sustainable planning opportunities for indirect taxes throughout the tax life cycle.
The incumbent will handle engagements related to Federal and Provincial Sales Tax and other Indirect Tax Laws, includes Compliance, Assessments, Appeals, Tax Restructuring, Tax Advisory and consulting pertaining to Federal and Provincial Sales tax and other Indirect Tax Laws.
- Independently support to clients on ST projects – Team along to support clients in Sales Tax Compliance including Monthly returns, withholding, undertake ST impact analysis, manage compliances under ST and identify transition issues;
- Independently responsible for the complete execution of the assigned engagements -. Including preparation of responses and representing before tax authorities in ST controversies and Appeals.
- Engaged with clients in Tax Advisory and consulting pertaining to Federal and Provincial Sales tax and other Indirect Tax Laws.
- Operational Excellence / Day to day responsibilities and to lead a team of around 5 to 10 members;
- Ensure that the areas of work assigned are executed in accordance with the EY polices;
- Contribute to the overall success of the team by developing a thorough understanding of EY methodologies and tools to enhance service delivery; keeping team members informed of work status; actively seeking assignments when unassigned; proactively seeking opportunities to provide tax services;
- Acquire and demonstrate competence in technical knowledge, and compliance process by keeping up to date on trends, developments and technical authorities and apply them to moderately complex situations;
- Analyze and convert data into a tax product (advisory/compliance) and ensure accuracy and timeliness of the product;
- Sensitive towards EY code of conduct, values and quality standards.
- CA Qualified with 3-5 years of relevant experience;
- CA Finalist/ACCA qualified/LLB/MBA Finance with atleast 5 to 7 years of relevant experience;
- Since you are client oriented, it is necessary to have excellent communication skills: you are not afraid to call things into question and are able to give presentations confidently;
- You are a team player and have great coaching skills;
- You have an interest in looking for innovative solutions.
- Good understanding of indirect tax laws;
- Good command over MS Excel –can use formulas and comfortable with computations.
- Good command over MS Word and MS Power point.
What We Offer:
- You will join a young, international, dynamic team, genuinely passionate about its work, within a leading global professional services firm;
- We offer extensive training, both on technical matters, as well as on soft skills and project management;
- We are proud of our flexible working arrangements, and we will support you to build a successful career without sacrificing your personal priorities;
- At EY we are passionate about the inclusion and support of individuals of all groups; we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, gender, sexual orientation, or disability status.
If you can demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
At EY, the spotlight is on our people. You are empowered to build your expertise and explore the world so that you can innovate and challenge the status quo. Because Building a better working world begins here.
This is what makes us different, and renders working here a unique, lifetime experience.
We are one international, connected team, with one purpose. We are EY.
The exceptional EY experience. It’s yours to build.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.