Senior Finance Analyst R&A
- Shell Business Operations
- Not disclosed
- 02 Feb 2023
- 02 Mar 2023
- Approved employers
- Approved employer
- Contract type
- Full time
- Experience level
- Qualified accountant
Where you fit
- Early hire of the Reporting & Analysis (R&A) Upstream (UP)/ Integrated Gas (IG) Business Analyst will be reporting directly to Australia Controller, R&A Manager. He/ She will execute the financial process for assigned areas/ assets within IG Australia (IGA) and IG Ventures East, including business specific process improvement agenda and the controls simplification agenda. In this role you will interface with business stakeholders, your finance in the business colleagues, the wider UP/IG finance community, the R&A Process Owner organization and FO Controllers.
What’s the role?
This role will have specific accountabilities with regards to the support for range of reporting agenda which could encompass the following:
- Prepare Monthly & Quarterly Reporting, Management Information (MI), Full Year Latest Estimate (FYLE) and Quarterly Latest Estimate (QLE)
- Support Business Plan
- Prepare and facilitate rigorous, fit for purpose (deep dive and / or helicopter view) P&L, Balance Sheet and Cash flow reviews, providing insights as needed
- Perform timely and effective reviews on period end results and commentaries to ensure group returns are correct and in compliance to accounting policies.
- Ensure financial controls are in place to protect value and ensure no value leakage and ensure a robust cost allocation methodology and principles are in place to have prompt recovery of costs.
- Maintain close collaboration with various Group functions where relevant to enable a successful delivery. Examples are IGA Planning, Appraisal & Reporting (PAR), Corporate & Functions, Group Reporting etc.
- Support further development of Touchless MI and drive high penetration on usage of tools
- Support audit deliverables include defending cost recovery from partners in ventures
- Support FIB and business to engage with JV partners in various forums to ensure compliance with Joint Operation Agreements (JOAs) and to resolve project related issues.
- To be successful in this role you need a proven ability to work effectively across organizational boundaries, bringing different views together, finding an aligned approach forward, manage a wide agenda and effectively deal with conflicting priorities
- Track record of performance and proven ability as a self-starter to deliver quality results under significant time pressure and to tight deadlines whilst maintaining the required attention to detail
- experience with Capital Investment and Operating cost planning and appraisal
- Strong communication skills, and ability to translate complex raw data into understandable insights
- Able to work across organizational boundaries with a diverse group of colleagues and stakeholders
- Strong interpersonal skill to quickly build credibility, respect and rapport
- High capacity to prioritize key elements of a deliverables
- Drive towards operational excellence, learning from other assets and sharing best practices
Shell Business Operations (SBO) is a chain of operational centers that form an integral part of Royal Dutch Shell. We influence business development for Shell globally, enabling the work of 93,000 employees in over 70 countries across the world.
SBO Kuala Lumpur is home to 11 different functions that support Shell within the Southeast Asia, Oceania, and Middle East region. Housing more than 2000 employees, SBO Kuala Lumpur is focused on driving excellent corporate performance that enable Shell to operate in a global competitive and ever-changing business environment.
Shell Business Operations (SBO) Kuala Lumpur is focused on driving excellent corporate performance in Contracting and Procurement, Creative Solutions, Customer Operations, Finance Operations, Human Resource, Information Technology, Legal Operations, Retail Centre of Excellence, Supply Chain, Technical Asset Operation and Upstream Transformation. We enable Shell to operate in a global-competitive and ever-changing business environment.
An Innovative Place to Work
There’s never been a more exciting time to work at Shell. Everyone here is helping solve one of the biggest challenges facing the world today: bringing the benefits of energy to everyone on the planet, whilst managing the risks of climate change.
Join us and you’ll add your talent and imagination to a business with the power to shape the future – whether by investing in renewables, exploring new ways to store energy or developing technology that helps the world to use energy more efficiently.
An Inclusive & Progressive Place to Work
To power progress together, we need to attract and develop the brightest minds and make sure every voice is heard. Here are just some of the ways we’re nurturing an inclusive environment – one where you can express your ideas, extend your skills and reach your potential.
- We’re creating a space where people with disabilities can excel through transparent recruitment process, workplace adjustments and ongoing support in their roles. Feel free to let us know about your circumstances when you apply, and we’ll take it from there.
- We’re closing the gender gap – whether that’s through action on equal pay or by enabling more women to reach senior roles in engineering and technology.
- We’re striving to be a pioneer of an inclusive and diverse workplace, promoting equality for employees regardless of sexual orientation or gender identity.
A Rewarding Place to Work
- Combine our creative, collaborative environment and global operations with an impressive range of benefits and joining Shell becomes an inspired career choice. Our CARE benefits are mindfully curated to promote Eco Living, overall Wellbeing, Personal Growth and Caring for our loved ones.
- We’re huge advocates for career development. We’ll encourage you to try new roles and experience new settings. By pushing people to reach their potential, we frequently help them find skills they never knew they had, or make career moves they never thought possible.
Please note: We occasionally amend or withdraw Shell jobs and reserve the right to do so at any time, including prior to the advertised closing date. Before applying, you are advised to read our data protection policy. This policy describes the processing that may be associated with your personal data and informs you that your personal data may be transferred to Shell/Shell Group companies around the world. The Shell Group and its approved recruitment consultants will never ask you for a fee to process or consider your application for a career with Shell. Anyone who demands such a fee is not an authorised Shell representative and you are strongly advised to refuse any such demand. Shell is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.