- Milton Keynes, Buckinghamshire
- 02 Feb 2023
- 02 Mar 2023
- Approved employers
- Approved employer
- Job role
- Contract type
- Full time
- Experience level
This role is offered on a hybrid basis, which can be discussed with the recruitment team during the hiring process.
Join our community.
We have a fantastic opportunity to join the team as a Technical Architect. The Santander Technology Technical Architecture team is responsible for making high-level design choices and for defining technical standards, including software coding standards, tools, systems software and platforms.
We work collaboratively with software development, enterprise architecture and platforms teams in an agile framework to deliver value to our partners.
We continuously seek to improve our processes and are always looking for a better way to do things, especially where advances in technology open up new ways of providing better solutions to business problems.
The difference you'll make.
- Working with a dedicated team of software professionals and playing a pivotal role in defining new implementation patterns and preparing innovative software solutions to business problems.
- Presenting your solutions to a number of different stakeholders including Management, Software Engineers, Platform engineers and 3rd Parties.
- Understanding the business needs, being technology-savvy and capable of designing cloud and hybrid solutions.
- Leading and working with different teams and organizations across the business with a breadth of experience throughout the IT industry.
- Demonstrating all aspects of a cloud project-from development, testing, and implementation, to production-although primarily responsible for designing cloud architectures.
What you'll bring.
- Software design experience with a wide range of technologies and use cases.
- Working knowledge of a software modelling language such as UML or Archimate.
- A good understanding of the different AWS Cloud Native Technologies that can be used to build software solutions.
- A good understanding of a number of different Transaction Processing Technologies (messaging, streaming, databases etc).
- A good understanding of API Gateway Technologies.
- Ability to manage time effectively between multiple simultaneous projects.
It would also be nice for you to have.
- A good understanding of Kubernetes.
- A good understanding of Java.
- A broad understanding of Big Data Technologies.
- A working knowledge of Network Architecture Design
What else you need to know.
We will be conducting all interviews via telephone or video-conference where possible.
This is a permanent role to be based at our Milton Keynes office with some remote working. Time spent working from the Milton Keynes site is expected to be 2-3 days per week initially.
At Santander we're creating a thriving workplace where all colleagues feel they belong and are supported to succeed. We all help to make Santander a workplace that celebrates diversity and attracts, retains and develops the most talented and committed people through living our values of Simple, Personal, and Fair.
How we'll reward you.
As well as a competitive salary, we offer a wide range of benefits that you can choose from and tailor to your needs.
- Pension with generous contributions of up to 12.5% from Santander, depending on your own contribution and length of employment with us.
- 30 days' holiday plus bank holidays, which increases to 31 days after 5yrs service, with the option to purchase up to 5 contractual days per year.
- £6,000 car allowance per year
- Company funded individual private medical insurance.
- Voluntary healthcare benefits at discounted rates such as private medical insurance for your family, dental insurance, healthcare cash plan and health assessments.
- Benefits supporting you and your family, such as death-in-service benefit, income protection, and voluntary life assurance and critical illness cover.
- Share in Santander's success by investing in our share plans
What to do next.
If this sounds like a role you're interested in, then please apply.
If there's anything we can do in the recruitment process to help you achieve your best, get in touch. Whether it's a copy of our application form in another format or additional assistance, we're available through telephone, email, or face to face. You can contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 0870 414 9080.