Senior Finance Analyst (International)
- Next PLC
- Leicester, Leicestershire, UK
- Competitive salary + benefits
- 01 Feb 2023
- 27 Feb 2023
- Approved employers
- Approved employer
- Job role
- Financial accountant, Financial analyst, Financial controller, Financial planning & analysis, Management accountant
- Retail and FMCG
- Contract type
- Full time
- Experience level
- Qualified accountant
This is a fantastic opportunity to join our dynamic International Finance team. The successful candidate will be primarily responsible for providing support to the International Finance Manager in analysing and reporting on the activity of each country and International partner.
Our International operation is extremely high profile with meetings every other week between several Main Board Directors and senior operational managers where both the current operation and future opportunities are reviewed. This role assists in preparing a significant amount of the analysis discussed and presented at this meeting; therefore we need absolute stars working on them. The International website has experienced strong growth over the past 7 years growing from a turnover of £33m to £295m. Throughout this rapid expansion Next has maintained a healthy profitability and opportunities have been developed weighing up an improved level of service against increasing costs. This role is pivotal in producing accurate and timely analysis to support countless opportunities.
Located within our Leicestershire Head Office, our Online International Finance team is responsible for delivering finance support to key stakeholders across the business for a variety of purposes.
- Daily, Weekly and Monthly Sales Reporting
- Maintain price files across all countries and partners
- Understand key drivers to profitability across 74 countries and partners
- Ensure tight financial control for the accounting/reporting of our partner relationships
- Monthly reporting, forecasting and budgeting of International P&L
- Analyse performance of International profitability, suggesting changes to key parameters to ensure profitability
- Weekly operational meeting with peers ensuring that changes to the International website are implemented correctly.
- Be able to prepare, review and deliver ad-hoc information requests to key stakeholders for a variety of business models, often at short notice. The finance team is reactive and provides flexibility for the business to communicate with customers using dynamic and relevant methods. Above all we must provide information and insight to our business colleagues in a timely and accurate manner.
- CIMA/ACCA or ACA Qualified, or Part Qualified
- IT literate - Excel (Essential) - CODA(Not essential)
- Ability to analyse, interpret and communicate information clearly
- Excellent planning and organisational skills to ensure delivery of work to timescales and the ability to prioritise own workload.
- Head Office Bonus Scheme – dependent upon Next Brand Profit targets being achieved (19% paid in 2022) Pays out in April, have to be in the business the previous year for it to pay out the following April
- Employee Share Save Scheme (save up to £250 per month) offered once a year in October when share price is released. If the share price doesn’t increase, no money will be lost
- Contributory Pension Scheme (After 3 Months 5% employee/3% employer)
- Staff Discount of 25% (on most Next merchandise)
- 25 days holiday entitlement (Increases with service) and can buy and sell up to 3 days a year up to the total of 33 days
- Free access to Aviva’s Digital GP app
- Free parking on site
- On site Nursery in Enderby – rated outstanding by Ofsted
- Restaurant, juice bar and coffee shop on site in Enderby. Restaurant and coffee shops in South Elmsall and Doncaster
- Normal working hours will be 36 per week and will be from 9.00am to 5.00pm Monday to Thursday (inclusive) and 9.00am to 4.45pm on Friday with a 45 minute unpaid lunch break each day. You may need to work reasonable additional hours to fulfill your duties.
You know Next, but did you know we’re a FTSE-100 retail company employing over 35,000 people across the UK and Ireland. We’re the UK’s 2nd largest fashion retailer and for Kidswear we’re the market leader. At the last count we have over 500 stores, plus the Next Online and it’s now possible to buy on-line from over 70 countries around the world! So we’ve gone global! About some of our Benefits
- 25% off a huge selection of Next, Lipsy & Victoria's Secret products
- Company performance based bonus
- Sharesave scheme
- On-site Nursery available; OFSTED outstanding in all areas
- 10% off most partner brands & up to 15% off Branded Beauty
- Early VIP access to sale stock
- Access to fantastic discounts at our Staff Shops
- Subsidised restaurant, coffee shop and juice bar
- Access a 24/7 digital GP and other free health and wellbeing services
- Free on-site parking
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.