Analyst/Manager - Commodities Product Control
- CBD Area Sydney
- Not disclosed
- 01 Feb 2023
- 15 Feb 2023
- Approved employers
- Approved employer
- Job role
- Compliance/risk, Financial accountant, Financial analyst, Financial controller, Financial planning & analysis
- Contract type
- Full time
- Experience level
"At CommBank we are proud to support flexibility, let's discuss what this means for you"
See yourself in our team
Global Markets sits within the Institutional Banking & Markets division servicing the risk management needs of CBA’s corporate client base. Product Control is a key partner to the business responsible for financial reporting and control. Functions include all aspects of daily P&L production and analysis plus attribution and commentary, month end accounting, General Ledger balance sheet reconciliations and other tasks across the full product range.
Product Control is a diverse team with staff in Sydney, London, New York, and Singapore, who work collaboratively to support the Global Markets business.
You’ll work closely with other members of the Commodities Product Control team, which is made up of experienced Product Accountants with backgrounds across Markets businesses in a range of institutions globally.
We are open to candidates at either the Analyst or Manager level for this role.
Do work that matters
As a Commodities Product Controller in Global Markets, your responsibilities will include:
- Preparation of daily P&L reports
- Analysis and interpretation of daily results in line with market moves, P&L drivers and risk positions including investigating variance to trader estimate and ensuring revenue attribution is accurate
- Liaison with Front Office, Operations, Market Risk, and other stakeholders to resolve issues
- Partnering Front Office on strategic desk initiatives
- Ensuring the accuracy and integrity of product source system data interfacing the general ledger
- Balance sheet substantiation
- Month End ledger close
- Assistance in statutory and regulatory reporting
- Ongoing enhancements to improve efficiency and controls and add value to the business
- Involvement in project work
We’re interested in hearing from people who have:
- CA/CPA qualification
- Strong numeracy, product system and general ledger systems and reporting package skills
- Experience across a broad range of asset classes and product types
- Understanding of valuation concepts and methodologies
- Actively builds relationships within and across business streams, functional areas and regions
- Exposure to Financial Services
- Knowledge of Financial Reporting standards
- High numeracy and preferably some exposure to banking products
- Risk Mindset – All CommBank employees are expected to proactively identify and understand, openly discuss and act on current and future risks
If you're already part of the Commonwealth Bank Group (including Bankwest), you'll need to apply through Sidekick to submit a valid application. We’re keen to support you with the next step in your career.
We're aware of some accessibility issues on this site, particularly for screen reader users. We want to make finding your dream job as easy as possible, so if you require additional support please contact HR Direct on 1800 989 696.Advertising End Date: 14/02/2023
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.