Finance Manager, Group Operations Finance
- CBD Area Sydney
- Not disclosed
- 01 Feb 2023
- 01 Mar 2023
- Approved employers
- Approved employer
- Job role
- Finance manager, Financial accountant, Financial analyst, Financial controller, Financial planning & analysis
- Contract type
- Full time
- Experience level
The Financial Services division led by the Group CFO, partners with all areas of the Commonwealth Bank to provide financial control and specialist advice on financial management and strategy. This advice covers finance, audit, treasury, investor relations, security and property.
Group Operations Finance is responsible for the provision of financial control and management services to the Technology & Chief Operations Office divisions.
We work closely with our stakeholders to help them understand their technology and operations costs and deliver current and future strategic and financial plans.
Your team’s primary roles is to:
- Provide insights, analysis and advice in relation to past and future financial performance
- Provide robust financial control and effective management reporting
- Provide decision support and reporting for Operations strategic initiatives and investment programs
- Develop and deliver meaningful insights to drive better business outcomes and provide commercial support, including cost optimisation and simplification
- Provide guidance and advice to the business leaders on the financial performance of the business, the financial plans and forecasts and the financial impacts of change initiatives
The Business Performance Manager will work with the Executive Manager Operations Finance to deliver the following:
- Act as a key point of contact for CBA India in relation to financial reporting for across the CBA group including allocation of costs to respective business users
- Maintain robust financial control through:
- Processing of month end journals and P&L analysis
- Balance sheet analysis, substantiation and reconciliation
- Process improvement, standardization and simplification
- Preparation, presentation and monitoring of annual budgets and rolling forecasts following extensive engagement with key stakeholders
- Drive insightful reporting and analysis, including presentation of month end results
- Production of discussion documents on key business issues for respective leadership teams
- Engage collaboratively across Finance and Business stakeholders to help drive business outcomes, enhance cost transparency and become a trusted advisor
- Provide financial support for both BAU and investment related activities
- Positively contribute to team culture and the work environment
Your skills & experience:
- Risk Mindset –All CommBank employees are expected to proactively identify and understand, openly discuss and act on current and future risks;
- Strong accounting and financial skills;
- Strong financial modelling and analytical skills;
- Broad stakeholder engagement skills;
- CA/CPA/CFA qualified;
- Accounting/finance management related degree; and
- Minimum of four years’ experience in Public Practice or in Commercial finance experience, ideally within a large corporate in Financial Services and/or Technology
In Financial Services, we take a proactive approach to your career development. Your on-going development would be part of an integrated development plan. If you live the values and demonstrate the people capabilities, we can offer great opportunities.
Whether you want to move across the organisation or up into a leadership role, the way you live the values and demonstrate the people capabilities are key. Use the capabilities required for this role as a guide to the critical skills and behaviours you need for your next move.
If you're already part of the Commonwealth Bank Group (including Bankwest), you'll need to apply through Sidekick to submit a valid application. We’re keen to support you with the next step in your career.
We're aware of some accessibility issues on this site, particularly for screen reader users. We want to make finding your dream job as easy as possible, so if you require additional support please contact HR Direct on 1800 989 696.Advertising End Date: 14/03/2023
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.