Corporate Functions Business Risk Management, AVP
- State Street.
- Boston, Massachusetts
- Not disclosed
- 01 Feb 2023
- 01 Mar 2023
- Job role
- Accountant, Audit, Compliance/risk
- Contract type
- Full time
- Experience level
Who we are looking for
The Corporate Functions Business Risk Team acts as a valued partner to the business in the identification, assessment and mitigation of risk in effort to achieve risk excellence objectives. This role will provide an excellent opportunity for the candidate to gain solid understanding of Corporate Functions, and to support the Business Risk Management Executive (BRME) efforts through involvement in the execution of Business Risk Management programs, design of strong internal control environment and mitigation of operational and compliance risk.
Why this role is important to us
The team you will be joining plays an important role in the overall success of the organization. Across the globe, institutional investors rely on us to help them manage risk, respond to challenges, and drive performance and profitability. To make that happen we need teams like yours to help navigate employees and the organization as a whole. In your role you will strive for cutting-edge solutions, that are straightforward and scalable. You will help us build resilience and execute day to day deliverables at our best. Join us if making your mark in the financial services industry from day one is a challenge you are up for.
What you will be responsible for
- Provide business and compliance risk strategy and oversight to Other Corporate Functions
- Support Other Corporate Functions with adherence to the Privacy Program, Archer Content Management, Process and Control Reviews and other activities as required
- Lead Business Risk Forums or other risk-related meetings with Other Corporate Functions
- Collaborate across the Corporate Functions Business Risk Team to provide efficient and effective support to Other Corporate Functions
- Engage and collaborate with Compliance, Corporate Audit and other business partners on coordination of program requirements, projects and related deliverables
- Provide a supportive framework for reduced residual risk within Other Corporate Functions via identification of risk issues and timely and appropriate mitigation
- Strengthen control execution within Other Corporate Functions related to corporate policies and implementation of requirements
Education & Preferred Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance, management, or a related field and minimum of 5+ years experience ideally covering risk management, compliance and/or audit
- Strong written and verbal communication; Ability to communicate with and influence all levels of management
- Financial product and institution knowledge
- Strong critical thinking, problem solving, and decision making skills
- Strong interpersonal skills, proven ability to work independently and within a team
- Demonstrated ability to develop highly functioning business relationships and coordinate stakeholders across multiple locations and time zones
- Must be organized, detail oriented, responsive and be able to adapt quickly to a rapidly changing environment
- Ability to juggle multiple priorities at once, including quick turn-around high priority items
Are you the right candidate? Yes!
We truly believe in the power that comes from the diverse backgrounds and experiences our employees bring with them. Although each vacancy details what we are looking for, we don’t necessarily need you to fulfill all of them when applying. If you like change and innovation, seek to see the bigger picture, make data driven decisions and are a good team player, you could be a great fit.
About State Street
What we do. State Street is one of the largest custodian banks, asset managers and asset intelligence companies in the world. From technology to product innovation, we’re making our mark on the financial services industry. For more than two centuries, we’ve been helping our clients safeguard and steward the investments of millions of people. We provide investment servicing, data & analytics, investment research & trading and investment management to institutional clients.
Work, Live and Grow. We make all efforts to create a great work environment. Our benefits packages are competitive and comprehensive. Details vary by location, but you may expect generous medical care, insurance and savings plans, among other perks. You’ll have access to flexible Work Programs to help you match your needs. And our wealth of development programs and educational support will help you reach your full potential.
Inclusion, Diversity and Social Responsibility. We truly believe our employees’ diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspectives are a powerful contributor to creating an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive and reach their maximum potential while adding value to both our organization and our clients. We warmly welcome candidates of diverse origin, background, ability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and personality. Another fundamental value at State Street is active engagement with our communities around the world, both as a partner and a leader. You will have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, matching gift programs and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you.
State Street is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
- $80,000 - $132,500 Annual
The range quoted above applies to the role in the primary location specified. If the candidate would ultimately work outside of the primary location above, the applicable range could differ.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.