Manager, ECL Execution
- Bank of Ireland
- Dublin, Republic of Ireland
- 01 Feb 2023
- 13 Feb 2023
- Approved employers
- Approved employer
- Job role
- Accountant, Audit, Compliance/risk, Credit control, Financial analyst, Financial planning & analysis
- Accounting - Public practice, Banking and financial services, Digital, Global business services and outsourcing
- Contract type
- Full time
- Experience level
Description of business unit
Group Risk provides strong independent oversight and management of the Group's credit, market and operational risk strategies. We have responsibility for credit risk management information, credit & market risk underwriting as well as strategic oversight and management of challenged portfolios. The purpose of the Division is to maintain a robust risk culture, in support of the Group's strategic goals, by ensuring that the appropriate structures, systems, policies and controls are in place to provide effective management of credit, market and operational risk. In delivering these objectives we strive to support the Group in optimising returns over the longer term on the Group's risk assets through robust asset selection and management of risk.
- The IFRS9 ECL Execution team is responsible for the estimation of expected credit loss (ECL) for financial instruments in line with the accounting standard. The IFRS 9 ECL execution team runs the monthly models which calculate the 12 month and lifetime ECL for all assets, for use in downstream processes and reporting.
Purpose of the Role
This team currently has a vacancy for a Manager. The successful candidate will be responsible for owning the design of and implementing model change requests via the appropriate programming language, leading interactions with internal and external partners and contributing to the team's credit risk expertise. The candidate will also be responsible for maintenance and documentation of ECL models, reviewing model runs and checking outputs and investigating and addressing any issues and queries that arise.
- Execute IFRS 9 models within the IFRS 9 ECL Execution framework ensuring that all governance, Regulatory and Audit requirements are met.
- Lead complex development of system changes into the IFRS 9 ECL Execution framework.
- Maintain strong working relationships with key internal and external partners.
- Maintain and develop documentation to ensure ECL model documentation is kept up to date.
What is the opportunity?
This role is an opportunity for exposure to innovative expected credit loss methodologies. The role will allow the individual to develop their programming abilities. The role holder will also be able to influence partners across Risk, Finance & externally.
We value diversity in a programme in which strength comes from multifaceted experience and backgrounds.
We would love the chance to meet with you to chat about the role.
Ways of Working
Working at Bank of Ireland doesn't have to mean working in an office to have an impact. Our dedication to enabling colleagues to thrive means that depending on role type you can have choice and flexibility in where you work and live, subject to your role, customer needs and our requirements. We have a hybrid working model, with home, agile hub and office based options available. We will always list a primary location which can be where you go for in person teamwork, and a location where you can best perform your role.
Please note you must live in the jurisdiction for the business to which you are contracted.
- 3rd Level qualification in mathematics, statistics or other numerical subject area.
Essential Skills & Experience
- Strong communication skills and Proven track record to collaborate with Senior Management.
- Ability to explain technical concepts to a non-technical audience.
- Excellent statistical, analytical and quantitative skills working with statistical software, SAS, R, Python
- Knowledge of IRB / IFRS9 / Stress Testing / Validation
- Experience of Credit Risk Modelling in a financial institution.
- Ability to engage and train junior colleagues and work as part of a team!
- Deliver and achieve results within projected timelines.
- One Group, one team - Self
- Champion Transformation - Self
- Manage Risk - Self
- Agile - Self
- Accountable - Self
Where Agency assistance is required Bank of Ireland Recruitment Team will engage directly with suppliers. Unsolicited CVs / profiles supplied to Bank of Ireland by Recruitment Agencies will not be accepted for this role.
Bank of Ireland Group is an equal opportunities employer and is committed to fostering an inclusive workplace which values and benefits from the diversity of our workforce. We offer reasonable accommodation at every stage of the application and interview process. If you require assistance, please contact email@example.com.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.