- Bank of Ireland
- Dublin, Republic of Ireland
- 01 Feb 2023
- 10 Feb 2023
- Approved employers
- Approved employer
- Accounting - Public practice, Banking and financial services, Global business services and outsourcing
- Contract type
- Full time
- Experience level
- Qualified accountant
Description of business unit
Group Finance has a Finance Analyst role within the Retail Ireland Division specifically relating to Distribution Channels. This role will report to the Financial Controller - Distribution Channels.
The Distribution Channels Financial Control team within Retail Ireland is responsible for the controlling and reporting on the Distribution, Strategy & Operations (DSO) and a Business Banking loan portfolio. The outputs of the team are included in externally published information e.g. annual accounts, and for inclusion in financial information to internal partners.
Financial Control work closely with partners across the Group and third parties to ensure that there is a continued focus on delivering a culture of service excellence, developing our people and supporting the achievement of the Group's strategic priorities.
Purpose of the Role
The role will have responsibility for the production of insightful monthly financial reporting and other key objectives including both statutory and regulatory.
- To deliver the monthly and quarterly close process ensuring that the underlying processing, review and controls have been completed in accordance with standard process to ensure the accuracy of the general ledger;
- To produce high quality financial and management reports and prepare commentary/analysis of the Business Unit performance;
- To review all financial reports and analysis ensuring that the appropriate supporting detail is in place to substantiate the final balances and preparation of monthly balance sheet reconciliations;
- To collaborate closely with colleagues in Financial Control, Accounting Services and the Business Partnering teams to ensure collaboration, communication and resolution of issues in a timely and efficient manner;
- To participate in the delivery of final subsidiary statutory financial documents/regulatory returns and facilitate the audit process;
- To ensure compliance with all Group and Business Unit controls and standards by ensuring all applicable compliance, regulatory and audit policies and guidelines are adhered to;
- To be a flexible team member by sharing knowledge and supporting continuous improvement initiatives to deliver process efficiencies, improve quality of work and create outstanding processes and procedures;
- To support the management team by providing financial and analytical support for ongoing business initiatives and ad-hoc requests as the need arises;
- To take personal responsibility for your own continuous development by broadening and developing your skills and capabilities.
What is the opportunity
This role would be ideal for a graduate who is looking to begin their finance career, or for an experienced professional who is interested in moving into the banking and financial services industry. The successful candidate will be responsible for ensuring that the financial, statutory and regulatory reporting requirements of the Distribution Channels unit are delivered on a timely basis and to a high standard of accuracy.
You will also be responsible for implementing operational improvement initiatives and other ad hoc activities related to Financial Reporting for Distribution Channels.
Working at Bank of Ireland doesn't have to mean working in an office to have an impact. Our commitment to enabling colleagues to thrive means that depending on role type you can have choice and flexibility in where you work and live, subject to your role, customer needs and our requirements. We have a Hybrid working model, with home, agile hub and office based options available. We will always list a primary location which can be where you go for in person collaboration, and a location where you can best perform your role. The primary location for this role is Dublin.
Please note you must live in the jurisdiction to the business to which you are contracted.
- Third level qualification and/or relevant work experience.
Essential Skills & Experience
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office, particularly Excel
- Ability to work on own initiative or as part of a team.
- Demonstrated experience of delivery to tight reporting timeframes.
- Confirmed capacity to meet exciting targets.
- Highly constructive contributor to teams and groups.
Desirable Qualifications, Skills & Experience
- Knowledge of Sap /BCS.
- Customer Focused - Self
- One Group, one team - Self
- Agile - Self
- Accountable - Self
- Amplify Capability - Self
Where Agency assistance is required Bank of Ireland Recruitment Team will engage directly with suppliers. Unsolicited CVs / profiles supplied to Bank of Ireland by Recruitment Agencies will not be accepted for this role.
Bank of Ireland Group is an equal opportunities employer and is committed to fostering an inclusive workplace which values and benefits from the diversity of our workforce. We offer reasonable accommodation at every stage of the application and interview process. If you require assistance, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.